Do You Hear Those Voices?

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
Question: Have you ever written a blog about voice recording sessions? Yeah, me neither. Except wait, now I'm one up on you, 'cause THIS is a blog about voice recording sessions. Specifically, the Sam & Max voice recording sessions.

Pictured: voice actor ruining his line due to picture being taken.
Yes, it's true. We've been recording Sam & Max behind your backs, which brings up another interesting question: is it possible to record something in front of a person's back? I don't think it is, so don't feel bad that we had to be so underhanded about it. It was a physical necessity.

So there I am at the voice recording for the game that industry insiders are calling the greatest Sam & Max adventure of the decade. How can I convey the emotion, the excitement, the sheer thrill of being there? Well, I always say words speak louder than actions, so why don't I just share a few choice quotes from the sessions...

"That was great, that was great, but this time do it more like you're being strangled by a one-armed marmoset."�

"I said ONE-armed marmoset."�

"I'm not hearing the 'I secretly wish I were a dictator with a lisp' come through in your read."�

"Your character is in a tough place here because he just realized his wife is actually a volleyball dressed as a chimpanzee."�

"No, the emphasis should be on the 'THAT' in 'I can't politically undermine THAT.'"�

"That kind of performance might have cut it on the Knots Landing animated special, but this is Sam & Max."�

Well, that's it for the choice quotes. I do have some more pedestrian quotes, but those I'll save for the follow-up piece in the Wall Street Journal. In any case, get excited, because in only a few short months you too will be able to hear the voices in my head!
This discussion has been closed.