Sam & Max Taking Over the World!

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
Our September newsletter has been mailed out, with release info, a PAX round-up, a brand new Dear Max, and more!

[readmore]

Published monthly from the offices of Telltale Games in beautiful California. Visit us: www.telltalegames.com!

Vol II, #9ish Sept. 2006

Sam & Max: Episode 1 gets title, release date
First stop: GameTap. Next stop: the world!

Get ready for Culture Shock! As we announced last week, the pilot episode of Sam & Max: Season 1 will premiere exclusively on GameTap on October 17. Starting November 1st, the episode will also be for sale on Telltale's site. So if you want to be the first on your block to play Episode 1: Culture Shock, get GameTap! And if you don't mind a little wait (or if GameTap is not available where you live), Telltale's website is the place to be on November 1.

More info about Sam & Max's premiere:

Includes never-before-revealed game details!

See Sam & Max walk around and do stuff

All the renders and screens released so far

Up close and personal with the resident shrink

Telltale bigwigs at the Penny Arcade Expo

No, those guys in the picture are not Telltale bigwigs. They're Penny Arcade bigwigs. Telltale's bigwigs forgot to bring their cameras with them to PAX. But you should still check out their impressions of the show, plus the impressions of the lucky few who got to see Sam & Max in action.

Other Stuff to Buy

CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder

Crawl inside the mind of a crime scene investigator.
$29.99 imageimage
Sam & Max
Poster Prints

Set of two 18 x 24" limited prints, signed by Steve Purcell.
$29.99 imageimage
Sam & Max
T-Shirt

Be the belle of the ball in our quality black tee. M/L/XL available.
$17.99 image

Bone Episodes Galore!

Bone Act 2:
The Great Cow Race

Download Version:
imageimage

now only $12.99

Packaged Version:
imageimage

now only $17.99

Bone Acts 1 and 2
Combo Pack!

Download Version:
imageimage

now only $24.99

Packaged Version:
imageimage

now only $29.99

Telltale's Halloween Contest

It's better than a sackful of candy! (Okay, close.)
image Halloween just happens to fall on the day before the worldwide release of Sam & Max: Episode 1. What better way to celebrate than by sticking a pumpkin on your head dressing up like your favorite dog, rabbity thing, or other Sam & Max character for Halloween?
To sweeten the deal we're giving prizes for the best costumes, including the chance to get Season 1 totally free! So start thinking about who you'll be for Halloween. We'll have details in next month's newsletter.

Sam & Max comic updated!

The plot thickens as roaches wage war inside Sam's head, Max takes a big bite out of crime, and Sam drools a little. Could life get any better? Read it now!

Dear Max: Advice from the maw of madness

Please help me. I need to find a way to make money, preferrably with a minimum amount of effort. I'm desperate. Do you have any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.

- Your pal, Haggis

image Max: It turns out getting run over by a car is very lucrative, right Sam?
image Sam: That's absolutely right little buddy! Pick a small car to get flattened by, preferably one made of soft materials. When it plows into you, fold yourself up into its pillow-like surfaces to absorb the impact. If you're alive you'll get a call from a friendly insurance investigator who'll be nice enough to place a reasonable value on your various parts and cut a check based on the number of them lying in the street. Sounds easy, huh?
image Max: You bet, Sam! I was going to suggest leaping out of a hotel window and then suing the corporation for negligence in not stopping me from leaping out the hotel window.
image Sam: Ooh, simple and elegant, Max.

Do you have a question for Max (or Sam)? Send it to dearmax@telltalegames.com, and we'll make sure they get it. (Whether they'll answer it is another story...)

What are you waiting for? Go make your very own Sam & Max comic!

This discussion has been closed.