Sam & Max are here! And some other stuff happened!

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
This month's edition of the Telltale Interloper delivers a lot of news you may already have been aware of. Like that we have a new website. And that we released our first Sam & Max game. It also brings some news you may not have been aware of, like what's happening with Bone. And there's a Dear Max written by Steve Purcell. And a user-generated comic we liked. And that's about it.

Read it. You have no excuse not to. And if you want to get quality newsletters like this one delivered straight to your inbox on a (mostly) monthly basis, head over to your account settings and make it so!
[readmore]

Published monthly from the offices of Telltale Games in beautiful California. Visit us: www.telltalegames.com!

Vol II, # 11ish Nov, 2006

New Telltale website leaves crappy old one in the dust
New look! New games! New forums! New distractions! And lots more that's new!

It's been a long time coming -- and some pieces are still "coming soon" -- but Telltale's long-awaited new website is finally up! With it comes a new selection of high-quality downloadable games, including humorous adventures Ankh and Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, enigmatic puzzlers Samorost and Samorost 2, and a murderous case of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. To find out more about these games, try them, or even buy them, head on over to Telltale's website!

Also on the new Telltale website:

Stocked full of goodies for you to buy

Fun things to read, links to click on

Now easier to navigate than ever

Tweak your settings and add an avatar

Culture Shock launched to rave reviews

Our first Sam & Max game has received some pretty high praise, including an Editors' Choice Award from IGN and nods from The Chicago Sun Times, The New York Times, and Rolling Stone. Haven't played it yet? What are you waiting for?

Read more in these blogs:

100% NEW STUFF FOR YOU

Ankh

An adventure game set in ancient Egypt. And funny! Really!
$19.99 image
Max and Crossbones Hat

Shield your eyes from the sun. And look cool, too!
$15.99 image
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine

Long name, fun game.
$19.99 image

CHECK OUT TELLTALE'S NEWEST GAMES

$8.95
Episode 1:
Culture Shock

$34.95
Season 1:
Complete Set

Bone goes gold... again!

We're this close to releasing new and improved versions of both Bone games. What's so new about them? Here are some of the changes:
Out from Boneville's Thorn got a makeover! We cleaned up the model and rerecorded her voice using the actress from The Great Cow Race.

Some lines and cutscenes have been added, to help the story flow better.

Both games now use our updated engine and support scalable resolutions. (Woo!)

These new versions, plus a blog by Heather and Bone creator Jeff Smith describing the process of updating the games, will be added to our website soon.

Sam & Max webcomic #10

The comic hits double digits as Max tosses the doctor out the window and Sam's little roach friend makes a big sacrifice. Read it now!

Dear Max: Letters from you, answers by Steve Purcell

Pure capitalism doesn't work. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, and don't get me (or any of your fans) started on copyright and old, practically unobtainable commercial products such as computer games. But I digress. However, pure communism doesn't work, either. It has been said that it can do anything except last in one country for more than a century. Is there a perfect balance between the two we should strive to obtain, or is there a 'tertium quid', a third choice, which is completely superior to the capitalism-communism spectrum?

image Dear Must-Be-A-Million-Laughs-At-A-Party,

Sorry, I think I dozed off while reading your letter. If I actually knew what in the good God you were babbling about I could at least make a scintilla of an effort to appear to care, but all that said... thanks for writing, old friend!

Love, MAX

Do you have a question for Max (or Sam)? Send it to dearmax@telltalegames.com, and we'll make sure they get it. (Whether they'll answer it is another story...)

» What are you waiting for? Go be funny!

This discussion has been closed.