Telltale week in review: Episode 3, Music galore, Return of Dank, and more!

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
Happy Friday! Geez, happy Friday evening even! (Where did the day go?) I know some of you don't visit every single page on Telltale's site every single day, so here's a handy update covering what's gone on in the world of the Telltale Web this week. There's some good stuff in here, so pay attention:
  1. Sam & Max episode 3 is out on GameTap! Everyone who is currently enjoying Sam & Max via GameTap should be up to their knees in The Mole, The Mob, and The Meatball. The episode launched on the GameTap network yesterday to much fanfare, and probably a little prancing. So, if you're on GameTap and you haven't played it yet, get on it! (A review roundup will be appearing shortly, because Emily loves those.)

2. The Sam & Max Interim Theater is back! With Sam & Max: The Mole, The Mob, and The Meatball now up and running on GameTap, that means it's only two weeks until the episode shows up on our site! We realize that for some, this two week wait can be painful, boring, depressing even. To remedy this, we've dug down deep into the sticky, disgusting crevices of the Telltale Virtual Couch to find anything remotely bright and colorful we can wave at you in the meantime, hopefully bringing a smile to your dour face.

First up, we have a short piece of animation by Telltale friend, Creative Director emeritus, and creator of Dank, Graham Annable. Look for more Graham, and more Interim Theater in the coming days! Check it out on the Sam & Max page.

3. A new page of Dank went up! Speaking of Graham... his comic's back! After six months of wallowing in webcomic obscurity, everyone's favorite caveman inventor has returned, and lo and behold, he's brought continuity! Join Dank in the search for his pal Gok, who disappeared sometime in the six months Dank was away dreaming of skeletons. Catch up on the last three pages, and keep your eyes peeled for more Dank very soon!

4. New Sam & Max soundtrack MP3s are here! The onslaught of audio goodies just doesn't let up. This week we put up three new tracks from Situation: Comedy, and as a bonus gift, you'll also find a track - the Ted E. Bear Waltz - from the upcoming third episode, "The Mole, The Mob, and The Meatball." Check them out on the newly opened Sam & Max Season One soundtrack page!

5. Fan wallpapers galore! Let me level with you here: your desktop's been looking a little, how do I say, totally lame, lately. Perhaps you should remedy this by downloading one of two excellent new fan-created wallpapers from Telltale? On the Sam & Max wallpapers page you can find a nicely drawn wallpaper by Alan Graham. Or, on the Bone wallpapers page, you can find one by wallpaper designer Brad Custer commemorating the Mac release of Out From Boneville from a few months back.

6. Telltale is hiring! Yes, it's hiring time, and we have four positions available. We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer, a Character Rigger/Animator, a QA/Game Tester, and (gasp!) a Wii Systems Programmer. If any of those sound like you, please drop us an email, or check out our jobs page for more information.
That's about it for this week! Next week ushers in the full-force return of Interim Theater, the promised review roundup, and probably some screenshots or something! If you think I missed anything from this week, let me know in the comments.
This discussion has been closed.