A contest that has nothing to do with Sam & Max

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
Okay, here's an embarrassing story... we had this great idea for a contest and no one entered.

Well, that's not quite true. One person entered, and therefore he wins! We love you, Daniel Løke!

So, we still have two signed (and incredibly rare) Grickle books to give away. All you have to do is send us your witty, ~500 word story about something awkward or lame that happened to you. Send you story to contest@telltalegames.com by February 15 and you just might win a prize!

And here's the winning story from round one...

Grickle Contest Winner #1

The Wrong Side of the Bed

by Daniel Løke

I woke up by the sound and excruciating pain of myself falling to the ground, and as I attempted to climb back up on my feet, I noticed that time was way later than it should have been. I pulled on some pants in a hurry, and ran for the kitchen to acquire some digestible substances to go. Opening the refrigerator, two options unfolded themselves before my eyes: Expired milk or a brown banana. First I went for the banana, and shoved it into my mouth so fast I couldn’t even taste the foulness of its atrocious taste, and then I drank the milk without giving it a second thought. I grabbed a couple of socks, pulled them on, and leapt into my saggy shoes so fast even Lucky Luke would envy me my speed. [readmore]

imageAs I left through the door and headed for my bicycle, I could feel raindrops falling onto my much exposed skin. Wearing only a t-shirt in a situation where time was clearly of the essence, I surrendered myself to the nakedness, and jumped onto the bike. A little too late to do anything about it, I noticed that the rear tire was flat, but continued to bike whilst being shaken like Bond's martini, and the expired milk going through my digestive system evolved into milkshake.

As I approached my destination – the school which I attended on a semi-regular basis – I noticed that it seemed too quiet, and sensed some uneasiness in the air. I stopped the bike outside the main entrance, and stared into the dark, empty halls through the thick glass of the door. I threw the bike, or what was left of it, to the ground, and begun hammering my head against the concrete wall.

After a few minutes of contemplating the mere silliness of the situation, I turned around, only to be looking into the eyes of the girl of my dreams – the girl I had had a crush on for God knows how long.

"Hi there. Are you okay?" she asked. I stuttered and uttered strange sounds, mostly because my brain was too exhausted to figure out something to say.

"Hi... I'm nokay," was the brilliance that I allowed to escape from my mouth. The girl smiled, nodded, and slightly intimidated as she must have been, she moved off. I don't know what scared her off the most – the odour, the crazy look in my eyes, or the fact that I was standing outside school on what appeared to be a Saturday, knocking my head against the wall. She walked off, and never looked back.

As I walked home, having dumped my piece of crap-bicycle, I was followed by a dark cloud on the sky, pouring acid rain down on me. Entering my good, literally old apartment, I slowly paced towards the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth now that time was suddenly abundant. I turned on the faucet, and threw cold water in my face. Now that my heart rate had dropped from above average to below, I stared into the mirror, and sighed at the sight of my own appearance. My hair was a bush, I had a moustache of expired milk, and looking down on my feet, I realized one of my socks was a pinkish colour, while the other appeared to be black.

I walked into my bedroom, stared at my bed, and marvelled at its beauty. Thinking how I had met the girl of my dreams at my most beautiful, I threw myself into bed, and couldn't help but think, before I fell into a sweet comatose of sleep, "who gives a damn?"
This discussion has been closed.