Mario Kart Wii

116mlqs.png

The game came out on Friday for us in the UK (suppose Nintendo have to make it up to us since we don't even have a Brawl release date yet), but I only just got the game this morning due to some pre-order troubles; I won't go there, it is a boring story.

My first impressions? Awesome. The wheel works well and the online is good for Nintendo's standards. If they'd just get some voice chat, it'd be lovely. Regardless, if you liked previous Mario Kart games then you'll love this. I've only done the first three cups at the moment, but my favourite track so far is the Coconut Mall.

Does anyone want to share friend codes so we can have a race? If so, drop me a private message with your code and I'll respond back.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Have you tried playing using the classic controller, or gamecube controller? I remember reading somewhere that some moves required the Wii remote. I'm hoping they weren't very important moves.
  • edited April 2008
    Have you tried playing using the classic controller, or gamecube controller? I remember reading somewhere that some moves required the Wii remote. I'm hoping they weren't very important moves.

I don't have either of them, but I will be ordering two Gamecube controllers when they come back in stock (mainly for when Brawl comes).
  • edited April 2008
    I played it at a friends house, and I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the previous entries.
    The new tracks are mostly boring* and the old ones have been made much wider. To the degree that, in most cases, I think that they could've skipped having an edge at all.

It's by no mean a bad game, and I would probably have learn to like it more, if I played it longer, but I got a little disappointed.

...I still need to get myself a wireless network and this game, sometime though! :p

* With the new Rainbow Road being a clear exception. That one is schweet =)
  • edited April 2008
    You can get a 3rd party wireless controller. I have two of these from mad catz that I got for brawl and they work really well.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=39454
  • edited April 2008
    You can get a 3rd party wireless controller. I have two of these from mad catz that I got for brawl and they work really well.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=39454

I hate those a lot...
  • edited April 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I hate those a lot...
    snap i wish they would re do the wavebird
  • edited April 2008
    Seriously... They made an announcement that they are coming out with white colored game cube controllers w/ a longer cord in Japan for approx 2,000 yen. But a new Wavebird would make more sense imo. Especially w/ the wirelessness of the Wiimotes....
  • edited April 2008
    A new Wavebird model would be fantastic.
  • edited April 2008
    I am so happy I kept all my wavebirds.
  • edited April 2008
    Same here. I actually have 2. Partially because I had bought a second one when I couldn't find my original one for the longest time. It just feels so much easier to hold than the original gc controller. And has enough heft to it. The orignail just feels so small and light in comprasion. If I pick one of the original GC controllers up after using the wavebird for a while sometimes I feel like I could break it if I hold it wrong. heh.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.