Lotsa stuff going in March...

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
March is shaping up to be one of the busiest months for us since... well... never mind, every month is a busy month for us. But in March, we're getting out of the office!

Here's where we'll be. Will you be there too? If yes, come see us!
  • Wondercon - San Francisco, March 4

Wondercon is the little brother of San Diego Comic-Con, and it promises to be just as much fun. We'll be doing a roundtable discussion on Sunday at 1:30 in Room 220, in which Dave Grossman, Brendan Ferguson, Dave Bogan, Steve Purcell, and Jared Emerson-Johnson will discuss the highs and lows of making Sam & Max: Season 1. The panel will be moderated by Jon Gibson of i am 8-bit.
    [readmore]

Also on Sunday, Telltale animator Jeff Sarre's short film, "Swinging," will be shown in Room 250 as part of the San Francisco International Children's Film Festival. It'll go on sometime between 12:45 and 1:45... just in time for you to check it out, and show up at the panel fashionably late! The premise? "Two shoes start up an old record player and begin to dance. Find out what happens when a lonely glove tries to join in." There is nothing more heartwarming than a lonely glove. I can't wait.

• GDC - San Francisco, March 5-9

With E3 in limbo this year, the Game Developer's Conference is looking to be a great big orgy of gaming goodness... and Telltale's going to be all over it. We start on Monday, when Kevin and Dave G. talk about episodic gaming for indie developers as part of the Independent Games Festival. This will be taking place Monday, at 4:15 in Room 3018, West Hall.

Not to be outdone, Dan will be speaking on a panel entitled "Early Lessons in Digital Distribution" along with Ric Sanchez from GameTap and some other people whose names I'm not sure about because the GDC sessions list database thingie isn't working for me right now. But it'll be great, I promise! This one's at 4:00 on Wednesday in Room 3020, West Hall.

But wait, there's more! Bone: The Great Cow Race is up for an IGF award, so we'll be showing that game at a kiosk in the IGF Pavilion. This demo will be staffed by various and sundry Telltale employees Wednesday through Friday, so if you're at the show, stop by and say hi! (Voting's still open for the IGF Audience Award, too...) Plus, Culture Shock is up for a Game Developer's Choice writing award, and Sam & Max will be making a special appearance of sorts at Wednesday's awards ceremony.

And then there's one other surprise that happens to coincide with GDC... Sam & Max will be featured on the cover of Game Developer magazine, with a mid-season post-mortem contained within the magazine's esteemed pages. Not to be outshone (outshined?) by last August's CGW, this magazine will have another super cool painting by Steve Purcell on the cover. This is the March issue, and we're told it'll be all over GDC, so if you're at the show make sure to grab a copy.

• SXSW - March 11

Dan will barely have had time to recover from the GDC festivities when he has to hop on a plane for Austin, TX to speak at the South by Southwest digital media conference. He'll be talking about digital distribution again (it's one of the things he does best!), and how it works for games. That talk is on Sunday at 2:00 in room 12AB. If you're in the area, you should check it out... the festival (which encompasses film, games, music, and other digital media) sounds like a lot of fun.

Besides all this, we've also got episode 4 coming out, episode 5 on the way, and all the great content that comes with releasing a new game every month. Woo.
This discussion has been closed.