GDC - also known as A Week of Debauchery

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff
GDC is here, and we started the week off well with a party hosted by us, attended by many, and overflowing with drinks that were enjoyed by all (possibly enjoyed too well). Among the guests were some guys from Joystiq who were not afraid to wield a camera and a microphone in their intoxicated states. The result - Steve Purcell in an alley talking about the Power Rangers. Life is good.

Also worth checking out -- a slightly less intoxicated interview with Dave Grossman, and Kotaku's account of the morning after. We shot some video ourselves, but have come to a tacit agreement that the tape should be melted down and then run over with a semi. (What happens at GDC stays at GDC?)

Party aside, the highlight of the day for me was getting my first glimpse at the March Game Developer with Sam & Max on the cover. The ad to the right is included in the GDC tote bag handed out to every participant, which is great exposure for the game. This one is all crumpled and soiled from being pulled out of and shoved back into my pocket all night as I ran around the bar showing it to everyone. I can't wait to get my hands on the magazine itself later this week. Plus there's the special Sam & Max appearance at the awards ceremony... we'll be able to tell you more about that later in the week!

Unfortunately we weren't able to tape Dave and Kevin's talk at the Independent Game Summit yesterday (a combination of bad luck, bad timing, and a volunteer in a yellow shirt who wouldn't let me into the room even after I showed him my tattoos), but we did get Sunday's WonderCon panel on video and will be putting it up for your viewing pleasure at some point in the future.
This discussion has been closed.