Old Sierra dudes

edited April 2008 in General Chat
Too bad your company can't hook up with a few ex-Sierra game creators. I would love it if someone talented like Al Lowe could get a good company to support his ideas.

Comments

• HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2005
    Have him contact us. ;)
  • edited April 2005
    That would be something....Al Lowe. Then maybe we would get a new, REAL Leisure Suit Larry game for PC. Not that junk that was recently released.

How about some of the people from Westwood Studios that worked on Lands of Lore, Legend of Kyrandia, and Blade Runner games? I always liked those games, and still have all of them. Frank Klepacki did the music.
  • edited April 2005
    How about some of the people from Westwood Studios that worked on Lands of Lore, Legend of Kyrandia, and Blade Runner games? I always liked those games, and still have all of them. Frank Klepacki did the music.
    Weren't they torn to shreds by ravenous wolves?

No? Well, they're probably all busy living and stuff, then. But as long as we're suggesting people, I'd like to see Josh Mandel from Sierra's Space Quest games back in action.
  • edited April 2005
    Weren't they torn to shreds by ravenous wolves?

Yeah, Westwood was eaten by that nasty EA wolf. I never bought an EA published game again, since they closed all the good independent studios; Bullfrog, Westwood, Maxis, etc.

Wile E. Coyote wants to bite EA! Maybe Telltale can bite them for me?

Hey what is up with my account? It looks like accounts are case sensitive? Previous post shows me as wile_e and this one as Wile_E???
  • edited April 2005
    Oh yeah, Krandia was a neat series.
  • edited April 2005
    Sierra games were the best!

does't this topic belong in the "Yak Space"?
  • edited November 2006
    Al Lowe.... really?
  • edited November 2006
    I wonder what would happen if Al Lowe worked on Sam and Max as co-designer, or something. I don't suggest trying it out, but it should be interesting non the less. Teehee!

--Erwin
  • edited April 2008
    Hehe, as an update to this my lecturer used to work for westwood.
    small world really.
  • edited April 2008
    A Leisure Suit Sam and Max series does not seem out of order, but very unlikely seeing as Max doesn't like girls.
  • edited April 2008
    Heatherlee wrote: »
    Have him contact us. ;)

I volunteer to contact Al Lowe. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    A Leisure Suit Sam and Max series does not seem out of order, but very unlikely seeing as Max doesn't like girls.
    RETCONNED as of 204.
  • edited April 2008
    Locomojo wrote: »
    I volunteer to contact Al Lowe. :D

DO it... it's not that hard. Plus he always answers to fan mail. :)
  • edited April 2008
    I think having Al Lowe in the creative department would be a win-win situation.

Mick and Keith, Dave and Eddie, you know? A 97%-97% miraculous deal.

Try it, the man seems eager to work on a game again.

Cheers!
  • edited April 2008
    Wile_E wrote: »
    That would be something....Al Lowe. Then maybe we would get a new, REAL Leisure Suit Larry game for PC.

Or think about it: "Leisure Suit Larry"-episodes!!
  • jmmjmm
    edited April 2008
    That would be something alright, but Al doesn't own the rights to Larry and VU is actively using the IP by producing (mediocre) games based on Larry.

Still, Al's humor plus all the other creative guys at Telltale.... pure win.... I hope it happens sometime.
  • edited April 2008
    what are you trying to do here? turn telltale into the who-is-who of adventure game history? don't get me wrong, it's great to see that so many of the veterans from the good times are getting new projects right now...but having the ex-sierra and the ex-lucasarts guys in one team/company? weren't they like arch-enemies back in the day?
    also, you shouldn't always rely on the old, but rather find some new talent...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    you shouldn't always rely on the old, but rather find some new talent...

Though we've got some guys from "back in the day"... or whatever (Grossman, Stemmle, Chuck), our design team of late has also consisted of Brendan, Mark, Heather, Greg, and more recently Andy and Jake (not me, this guy). So I think we're doing decently in that department! The forums tend to gravitate to being excited about names they already know (for obvious reasons), but neither Sam & Max Season Two or Strong Bad, for instance, are led by people who were design leads at another game company.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    We actually keep the "back in the day" guys tied up in a closet. We let them come out and interview from time to time just to get some press.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.