Hey Telltale, Whatcha Been Playing? - Jurassic Park Producer Chris Schroyer

TelltaleGamesTelltaleGames Former Telltale Staff

It's time for another installment of our ongoing "Hey Telltale, Whatcha Been Playing?" series where we give you a look at which video games the team that makes some of your favorite games are playing themselves. This time we have a producer that's working on a game that happens to be releasing next week (Hint: it's Jurassic Park: The Game), Chris Shroyer!

Without further ado, here's what Chris has been playing:

"A few weeks ago I picked up a 3DS and while I’ve found a bunch of fun games on the platform, the one that has me hooked is actually DS game. Kirby Mass Attack looks like just another platformer on the surface, but the stylus-only controls and highly experimental level design makes it one of the freshest experiences I’ve played in a long time. Throughout the story mode you’ll guide an army of Kirbys to stomp on anything that crosses your path while solving some just-challenging-enough puzzles and discovering a bunch of secret passages/items/doohickeys along the way. While this is worth the price of admission by itself, the game really shines when it comes to its additive mini-games. These cleverly designed distractions vary in size and scope from a simple Simon Says button matching twitch-fest to a 5-level vertical scrolling shooter in the vein of the Star Soldier games.

When I’m playing on my PC I’m almost always found in front of Blocks That Matter, a platform-puzzler where players are cast in the role of a tiny, blocked-shaped robot that must save indie-game developers Alexey Pajitnov and Markus Persson. It’s the kind of game that would appeal to folks like me that dream of an update to strange puzzle games like Solomon’s Key or Adventures of Lolo. The puzzles are the good kind of challenging, the controls are just right, and fans of indie platformers will see a host of character cameos (in block form, of course).

Looking ahead, I can barely stand the wait for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and eagerly await release dates for The Last Guardian and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2."

Hey Telltale Fans, whatcha been playing? Let's hear it in the comments!

This discussion has been closed.