Why does shipping the T-shirt to Europe cost $36?

edited December 2005 in Sam & Max
As much as I like Sam & Max, I'm not paying $54 for an $18 T-shirt. Surely shipping a T-shirt across the pond shouldn't have to cost $36? For that money I expect it to be delivered within twelve hours after ordering on a gold platter.

Though in fact I'm not expecting it to arrive at all because at that price I sure as hell am not going to buy it. And neither will the other 99,99% of the Sam & Max fans not living in the US, I expect.

Comments

• edited December 2005
    Hi there,

That does sound a bit much. Can you send a private message to me with your address, and which shipping method you chose. We will take this up with our fulfillment house.

Best,

Troy
  • edited December 2005
    Hmm. US$37 plus to ship to New Zealand. "UPS International" seems the only valid rate. A surface mail / slow boat type option would be handy.
  • edited December 2005
    Hi there,

That does sound a bit much. Can you send a private message to me with your address, and which shipping method you chose. We will take this up with our fulfillment house.

Best,

Troy

I didn't go any further than selecting the region I live in, actually. Then the system informed me that the only shipping option available was UPS International for $36,35.

shirtstore.jpg
  • edited December 2005
    Ok, thanks for the info. We're looking into this and will find a way to make sure that shipping is as incidental as the shipping companies will allow.
  • edited December 2005
    you need something like standard US air mail ..but then you need someone to pack and send the shirts.. UPS is always going to be ridiculously expensive
  • edited December 2005
    you need something like standard US air mail ..but then you need someone to pack and send the shirts.. UPS is always going to be ridiculously expensive

The only experience I have with ordering something from the US are three small comic books. While it took a month for them to arrive shipping was only $5,80. I think they went by boat :)

Anyway, thanks for your concern, Troy.
  • edited December 2005
    I've noticed the same on some other smaller webshops around the web aswell. Seems like UPS charges alot on the international thingies. It doesn't really matter that much if it's from a shop that i can buy a bunch of stuff from, but it IS alienating when i probably am going to pay as much or more for shipping than the actual product. I wanna support YOU, not UPS.

Also, I was thinking of ordering, but it doesn't say if the bone books are hardcover? I wanna support you guys, but since i've started collecting them hardcover, i won't buy the books from you if they aren't. Just all the other stuff you throw at me :)
  • edited December 2005
    Just thought I'd mention, though I'm sure whoever's in charge already knows this, if the shirts are small enough to fit in one of the USPS's "small" global priority envelopes, shipping including a certificate of mailing would cost only $5.90 to all international destinations. If they're not then add another $4 to that for the "large" envelope. This way the packages would arrive within 6 days and wouldn't be too outrageous a shipping cost. I can't speak for the international buyers, but I think they'd be a lot more willing to pay $9.90 than the $36 for UPS.
  • edited December 2005
    It's much worse international, obviously, but the current shipping options aren't great within the US either. I bought a Bone book for my brother-in-law for Christmas and was going to order it here, but didn't want to pay $8 shipping. Ended up taking a trip to Barnes and Noble (which was almost as bad as spending $8, but not quite!) One or even two books could be mailed in a Priority flat rate envelope for $3.85, or book rate for even less. (I do appreciate that the shipping price stays the same whether you get one book or two, though.)
  • edited December 2005
    The same thing happened when tried to order Bad Mojo Redux. zipped from about $20 to $80-something
  • edited December 2005
    Can we get an update on this? I really want my Sam and Max shirt :)
  • edited December 2005
    I, too, would like an update. Is there any possibilty of getting this T-shirt overseas without bankrupting myself?
  • edited December 2005
    Hi All,

I'm sorry to say that we're still working on this with our fulfillment provider. One way, or another, we're going to get this resolved.

Troy
  • edited December 2005
    Thanks, I appreciate it :)
  • edited December 2005
    thanks for the update :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.