These don't work on macs, do they?

I was trying to dowload the demon on my imac, & I got nothing. DO these even work for macs or what?

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I wanted to buy a Mac demon too, but I could only get one for Windows. I guess Microsoft really is in league with the Devil.

Seriously, no, the games don't work out-of-the-box on MacOS.
  • edited April 2008
    Oh crap did I type demon? That's pretty funny. And I actually know the devil, he prefers Linux. He's actually a very nice guy.

Edit:

Hey uh, do Regula Dells come with 32X Graphics cards?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    The games work on Boot Camp.
  • edited April 2008
    Boot Camp, right. Thank you Emily!
  • edited May 2008
    Okay so after Boot Camp, I just gotta download XP? Or can I do that now? Cos I got leopard now & stuff & I don't know what to do.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Boot Camp requires you have a copy of Windows, yeah.
  • edited May 2008
    Okey Dokey! I was afraid I didn't have one, I looked around earlier. Thank you Satan!
  • edited May 2008
    If it works in Linux, it probably works on a Mac too.

Mac OS is unix-based now, so that begs the question: can you install Wine?
  • edited May 2008
    I have Parallels Desktop 3.0 (with Windows XP) installed on my MacBook Pro, which is running OS X 10.5.2. At first the games were running painfully sluggish but while Parallels is your active window and before you "boot" Windows XP, if you look under Edit and choose Virtual Machine... a Configuration Editor window will pop up where you can change the settings used. From there, select Video. There's an option along the right side to "Enable DirectX Shaders (Experimental)." After checking the box, click OK and then start the virtual machine.

I haven't had any problems playing Sam & Max or Bone in Parallels since. I also haven't updated Parallels since I purchased it back in January, so it's quite possible they may have a more stable version out now but so far I haven't had anything crash on me.

Parallels Desktop requires you to have your own copy of Windows.
  • edited May 2008
    Sam and Max look horrible with VMWare Fusion. I heard the new version supports shaders as well, so I hope that'll change things.

--Erwin
Sign in to comment in this discussion.