Any chance of Monkey Island 5

edited May 2008 in General Chat
It would make my day as long as the script is written by Lucas Arts.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    It would make my day as long as the script is written by Lucas Arts.
    Yes, Telltale is releasing Monkey Island 5 early next year. The script was written by George Lucas.
  • edited April 2008
    This has to be one of the worst users I've seen here.
  • edited April 2008
    Someone should guide him towards Mel's thread.
  • edited April 2008
    meelWORM wrote: »
    Yes, Telltale is releasing Monkey Island 5 early next year. The script was written by George Lucas.

Well its about ####### time! Sorry, but I have grown frustrated over the years hoping for the fifth game; but did LucusArts make it yet, Noooooo!:mad: Whew, glad I got that off my chest.:cool:
  • edited April 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    Well its about ####### time! Sorry, but I have grown frustrated over the years hoping for the fifth game; but did LucusArts make it yet, Noooooo!:mad: Whew, glad I got that off my chest.:cool:

He's not being serious. Sorry. :(
  • edited April 2008
    Please excuse my reply, sometimes my excitement makes me go berserk.:o
  • edited May 2008
    I doubt Lucasarts is ever going to make another MI-game, and after the travesty that was EMI, I'm not sure I want them to. Ron Gilbert has expressed interest in making another Monkey Island game on several occations, but he does not own the licence, and it would probably cost a fortune to get it from Lucasarts.
  • edited May 2008
    Nevertheless, Guybrush and the Voodoo Lady still need their five-game contracts fulfilled.
  • edited May 2008
    As long as Lucasarts consists only of heartless, miserly scrooges who give innocent people the "persona non grata" treatment for no reason, we will never see Monkey Island 5... or any other Monkey Island for that matter.

I say we report Lucasarts to the FBI and put an end to their shenanigans. I've already done it, why haven't you?
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    Waitohooru wrote: »
    I say we report Lucasarts to the FBI and put an end to their shenanigans. I've already done it, why haven't you?

Common sense.

As much as I want something to happen, going the "I'm gonna tell mom" (or the FBI) route would not do anything without proof.

Unless you have some kind of proof on alleged LA illegal activities, stop doing stunts like calling the FBI. Doing that will hurt you more than LA.
  • edited May 2008
    Waitohooru wrote: »
    As long as Lucasarts consists only of heartless, miserly scrooges who give innocent people the "persona non grata" treatment for no reason, we will never see Monkey Island 5... or any other Monkey Island for that matter.

Let me put it this way: Lucasarts is a large, multinational corporation with money to burn and large teams of lawyers. You are not.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    We're not making Monkey Island 5. I'm closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.