Product available on Steam, but not yet available on TT service?

Comments

• Well for people on Mac they already have "broken" some part of the promise with the technical issue, they are not gonna play today, only in a few days.

I don't mind if i have to wait a little longer, but it's a shame that no one in the TTG team seems to have gain any experience with the distribution system, even after TWD

mosfet posted: »

What gets me is that it's not like Telltale has broken its word or anything. People pre-ordered with the promise that it would be out on the 11th. It's still the 11th, and its looking like we'll get it well before the 11th ends.

• Unless you're a Mac user, then yes Telltale HAS broken it's word.

mosfet posted: »

What gets me is that it's not like Telltale has broken its word or anything. People pre-ordered with the promise that it would be out on the 11th. It's still the 11th, and its looking like we'll get it well before the 11th ends.

• The problem is not that the game is late. The problem is that the game is available to people who bought it on Steam, but not for the people who bought it through their website.

Salvenius posted: »

Some days I honestly think I am the only human left with patience and tolerance. If that's the case then I seriously wish the future generatio

• That's true. But they're screwed whether they're on Steam or Telltale Store.

DantePD posted: »

Unless you're a Mac user, then yes Telltale HAS broken it's word.

• Clearly this is Telltale's way of punishing us for getting the extra 25% off on Green Man Gaming.

I'm kidding. I don't seriously mean that.

• I buy directly from Telltale to support the devs directly instead of other storefronts taking a cut. Seeing as how it's both the PC version talk about a premature version going up seems ridiculous, since Steam has the release version. If you're unable to offer a smooth experience here at the site, then just give us Steam keys until you can.

• I have to agree with this dude, I'll gladly take a steam key instead. :P It's a hassle for me to even remember what site I own what games on anyways.

Iamdude posted: »

I buy directly from Telltale to support the devs directly instead of other storefronts taking a cut. Seeing as how it's both the PC version ta

• I know that we could have bought the game through Steam on the first time, but it would be nice from Telltale to give Steam keys, even if it's only for those customers that want to play now. I can wait, but it would be a nice treat.

By the way, I've been away from the PC all day (it's 0:15 now on Spain) and I'm surprised that the game it's not out yet, but if you're not new to Telltale, you're used to that. I think I'll watch some Breaking Bad episodes and come back in a few hours.

Have a nice wait!

• This.

i would love to support you but please... Me and a friend was about to play this tonight.
    At least just say you're having trouble maybe an estimate (or a steam key).

Iamdude posted: »

I buy directly from Telltale to support the devs directly instead of other storefronts taking a cut. Seeing as how it's both the PC version ta

• This telltale site is a joke, im pissed they didnt just release it via steam and be done with it. Totally screwed me, now I need to buy the game again just to have it n steam. Every single developer doesnt need to release their own download service, this is ridiculous.

• Agreed, this was downright foolish of them, talk about driving customers away, or at the very least pissing them off.

KaiHiryuu posted: »

I went to My Games, and there was a DL button. Got it installed, but you have to log into the TTG servers to get past title screen. Why is it

• I kind of wish I bought it on steam as well.

I bought it via gmg and even though I realized it wasn't steam there I figured Telltales own service would at least release it the same time or near it, but now it's almost 7pm here and still can't d/l the game.

I just wish they'd give everyone steam keys and allow them the choice.

• Yeah, im so used to the games on GMG all being steam keys, didnt expect them to slip me up like this.

Vurten posted: »

I thought it a given that code would work on Steam too. I really wanted to play it on release too. Somewhat sad pants now too. How soon is now? Will definetly buy from Steam in the future.

• still waiting :( think i will just use steam next time.

• This was given to me as a gift as the person who got it for me knew how much I loved TWD.

Disappointed by the poor service from TTG compared to other companies who have already released the title.
    I understand there are sometimes unforseeable issues but it's still disappointing.

• They've lost my business for the future, it's that simple. Reeks of incompetence.

• With "TWD", Telltale only started handing out Steam Keys when they realised that there was no way they were going to make launch day or even close to it.

Even then, it was a rolling E-Mail (some people got it straight away, some people the next day - some people not at all) - given that it's only 4:00pm on the West Coast, they've still got at least 8 hours to deliver.....

• And still not a peep out of them about this stuff on facebook or twitter or even on a forum =/. Wow. I'm just really shocked, a simple post could clarify everything and I wouldn't be upset, but they act like it's not even happening and that nothings wrong.

• @VictoryA they posted in this very thread earlier.

"We hit the go button a little prematurely this morning, and for a period of about 10 minutes people were able to download something that's not the final build. Anyone who got that file should uninstall it and delete the download - we'll have a fresh, working download later this afternoon (US west coast time). Thanks so much for your patience, folks!"

Though that was a while back ago, still 8'ish hours left in the day from Pacific time.

VictoryA posted: »

And still not a peep out of them about this stuff on facebook or twitter or even on a forum =/. Wow. I'm just really shocked, a simple post co

• This.

xyphic posted: »

These days I tend to go into launch day expecting to have to wait until the following day to be able to play. We're already enough hours ahead

• edited October 2013

Telltale haven't released TWAU late at all - Steam just released it early. It may not feel that way, and I can understand how you might think that TTG is late, but they're not, and you need to bear this in mind.

There's still plenty of time for them to have released this when they said they would - in the afternoon, US West Coast time.

PLEASE be patient, guys. I know it's frustrating, but hang in there.

• edited October 2013

Jeeze what is going on with this release, it's 4:10pm pacific right now, I'd say it's certainly "later in the day pacific time" right now and no word at all from Telltale staff on the status? Not great support :\

edit - Darth I don't think Steam "released early" when they've had a countdown clock running down for the past 2 months on when it would come out, and the past week or so on when it would come out down to the hour. It came out on steam exactly when it was scheduled to.

• And considering that with the site revamp, I've lost some of my previous purchases, that should have been another reason I should have stuck with Steam.
    I don't know, I know I'm just blowing off some frustration. But it's not like they weren't expecting the game to come out today, or anything.

• Another hour and it will be late. And that's not even getting into us Mac gamers who they've apparently blown off.

Telltale haven't released TWAU late at all - Steam just released it early. It may not feel that way, and I can understand how you might think

• It would be better if TTG just gave Steam keys when purchasing from their website. :)

LN3000 posted: »

And considering that with the site revamp, I've lost some of my previous purchases, that should have been another reason I should have stuck w

• Agreed

It would be better if TTG just gave Steam keys when purchasing from their website.

• I bought quite a lot games in the last years and I never heard of something like a special time on the release day. For example, if you pre-order a game on Steam you can pre-load it a couple of days before it´ll be released and play it at 0:01am on the release day.
    It´s now 1:20am in germany on october 12th. I don´t really care what time it is on the US west coast to be honest. I know I got some perks by buying this game here, but I´m still dissapointed by the way things are organised.
    Next time - please think global!

Telltale haven't released TWAU late at all - Steam just released it early. It may not feel that way, and I can understand how you might think

• Waiting isn't so bad, at least not for me. What's hard to deal with is not knowing how much longer one will have to wait. If we had a more definite idea of when the game will be going up on the site, I think we'd all be a less upset.

• You guy's still waiting. It's nice you ordered directly from their site. That's just insane you have wait till this long as the day it releases. Steam released on time. I quickly played it and I can't discuss it, because it seems many of you didn't play it.

• I second that. I'm not upset at all towards TTG. I'm just keeping an eye out for any updates from them via email. Thankfully, I bought the PS3 disk version of TWD at NYCC today, so at least I have that to tide me over!

LoganX23 posted: »

Waiting isn't so bad, at least not for me. What's hard to deal with is not knowing how much longer one will have to wait. If we had a more definite idea of when the game will be going up on the site, I think we'd all be a less upset.

• Well I know one thing... I will never purchase a game on Telltale's service again. For the extra few dollars I would gladly have bought the Steam version. I can't imagine any good reason a game should be available on a third party site before the developer's. I like their games but they should leave the distribution to a bigger service like Steam.

• Germany here, now almost two in the morning (of the 12th, that is). I got Telltale's mail about the game and immediately hit their respective buttons and preordered it through their site.

Now - no game for me, the preordering dummy. I will be able to fit a single episode in my schedule no problem (seems like the rest of my Friday won't be the day I'm playing it...), but on the other hand it's kinda preposterous that I could be playing the game already if I didn't give TT the major cut. And about Steam releasing it too early: Steam really showed exactly when the game was going to get live (7pm CET of the release day, like with every title here in EU) - for a whole week or so. If that was somehow considered "early", Telltale could have done something, but welp, it didn't.

• Well its 1am here so im giving up. I'd been looking forward to playing this all day and am gutted that it's not to be. It had bought it on steam i my wish would have come true. So screw you telltale. You make great games but are butclenchingly awful when it comes to delivering them

• How late are we talking? I've been waiting for awhile :(

Vainamoinen posted: »

Yup, because of server problems. The Telltale build could not go up on release day with TWD episode 1. So they made the decision to give out S

• My "my games" page doesn't have a download button. Is your's still up on the page?

KaiHiryuu posted: »

I went to My Games, and there was a DL button. Got it installed, but you have to log into the TTG servers to get past title screen. Why is it

• Did you preorder? If so, are you still waiting like me? :/

onlineatron posted: »

it's a drag for sure. on the otherside, pre-ordering here afforded a discount, a dvd, and hopefully, if the 400 days is anything to go by, added content will be free down the line.

• edited October 2013

Update: Just received the email and the steam key. Thanks Telltale! Though the authentication servers still seem to be down...

Haven't received an email yet but I just checked and the download is back up.

Don't forget if you downloaded it earlier today to uninstall that and install this one.

• How about...like getting the product we paid for?

Vainamoinen posted: »

Surely there should be SOME perks for buying it straight from the site? ...like a game DVD plus extras at the end of the Season, perhaps? Yeah, that would be great.

• Just got my pre-order email, including STEAM KEY.

Telltale, this is why I love you. You always come through in the end. <3

• Thank god for steam keys, still waiting on mine. Getting me a steam key is the only way they can guarantee business...

Just got my pre-order email, including STEAM KEY. Telltale, this is why I love you. You always come through in the end.

This discussion has been closed.