Server communication issue

2»

Comments

• edited October 2013

And I'm sorry, this isn't an old car. There should be no reason I have to "keep trying and eventually something will happen".

So... is this you saying that you won't even try it? 'Cause if that the case stop using a PC and take a Wii, PS or XBOX. Most of the times PC's keep working smoothly because you tamper with them on occasion. Be it Graphics, controls, sound or connection issue's... If you don't wanna do that you can always just go for a gamestation.

Jonah posted: »

And I'm sorry, this isn't an old car. There should be no reason I have to "keep trying and eventually something will happen".

• edited October 2013

I don't see how that resolves a server error.

Congested is not a server error it's just that the server is been used up to it's limit and you have to wait or try again after a bit... have you never had that issue in other games? and please for the sake of all thats good and right don't say no if you value yourself to be even a little bit of a gamer...

I don't see how that resolves a server error.

• edited October 2013

I see some people are being sent steam keys, still nothing here. Never got the email telling me the game was available either. At least I was fianlly able to connect to the server this morning to get the game started.

• Still can't login, with user name or email.

• That's strange, it worked when I logged in using my username. Perhaps you can try at a point of low server activity? Just spit balling here...

• Tried that. Can't login.

That's strange, it worked when I logged in using my username. Perhaps you can try at a point of low server activity? Just spit balling here...

• Same here. I've tried everything except buying the game from a source where it actually works, steam or xbox.

Tried that. Can't login.

• Still can't login.

• edited October 2013

Still cant activate the game ... not with my username oder Email-adress. The Activation Server is still down....
    We have to wait till their business hours .... Mo to Fri from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
    There no support from Telltale and nobody looking at the forum.

Telltale, you are such a global player :(
    Releasing a game and go away for the weekend (maybe counting the customers money, who cant play the game)

• me too.

it's so frustrating. We are the last who can't play now.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

I am trying to get a clearer picture of what is happening.
    To those of you who still have problems after trying what is mentioned in the support FAQ under "PC: TTG Download - I can't log into the game":
    Which error message do you see and what steps did you take after starting the game before it showed up?
    Which windows version are you running?

• I get two errors, depending on what login name I used - either I see "Server Error" when I login with my email address, or "Can't Login" if I login with my username.

DjNDB posted: »

I am trying to get a clearer picture of what is happening. To those of you who still have problems after trying what is mentioned in the supp

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

Thanks. And on which Windows version?

I get two errors, depending on what login name I used - either I see "Server Error" when I login with my email address, or "Can't Login" if I login with my username.

• I get the same errors as Jonah with my E-Mail and my username. My Windowsversion is Windows 7.

I am trying to get a clearer picture of what is happening. To those of you who still have problems after trying what is mentioned in the supp

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please create another Windows administrator user account and try if the activation works when you are logged in there.

Honkeydonk posted: »

I get the same errors as Jonah with my E-Mail and my username. My Windowsversion is Windows 7.

• Nope, still getting the same error.

Please create another Windows administrator user account and try if the activation works when you are logged in there.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Okay, that rules out that it interferes with other TTG games registry values.
    Does it really say "Server Error", or "Login Error - Can't communicate with telltale servers"?
    In the first case, please post a screenshot.

Nope, still getting the same error.

• edited October 2013

It actually says Login-Error. Sorry, I read error in Jonah's post and just assumed it had to be the same message than the one i get. Also I get Login Error with my E-Mail adress as well as my username.

Okay, that rules out that it interferes with other TTG games registry values. Does it really say "Server Error", or "Login Error - Can't communicate with telltale servers"? In the first case, please post a screenshot.

• Send Steam Keys at once! I can't believe we still can't play the game we PAID for!

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Alright. That message comes when the computer is offline entirely, or the game can't connect to the server.
    Since I assume you are online when trying that, It might be a Network problem or Some Firewall blocking the game.

Please try disabling any internet security software that could block the game while trying to activate it.

If that doesn't work, what kind of Internet connection do you have?

It actually says Login-Error. Sorry, I read error in Jonah's post and just assumed it had to be the same message than the one i get. Also I get Login Error with my E-Mail adress as well as my username.

• I already tried connecting with two different PCs, without active firewalls and with two different internet connections so I'm pretty sure that the problem does not lie there.Especially since I am not the only person with this problem as you can see here. Honestly I wish I would just get a Steam-Key from Telltale like apparently some people here got.

Alright. That message comes when the computer is offline entirely, or the game can't connect to the server. Since I assume you are online whe

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I see. I was hoping I could find a different workaround, so you wouldn't have to wait for TTG to get it fixed or send out a steam key.
    It is of course possible that the game shows misleading error messages in your setting. In my tests I only found out these cases so far:
    Username and/or Password wrong: "Can't Login - Signout and Retry Login or Exit Game"
    Server unreachable: "Login Error - Can't communicate with telltale servers"

Maybe it show's the Login Error too, if there's something wrong on the authentication server for your account, but that's something TTG hast to look into.

One more question though. What do you see when opening https://services.telltalegames.com in your browser?

I already tried connecting with two different PCs, without active firewalls and with two different internet connections so I'm pretty sure tha

• Hm, I get a 404 - Page not found

I see. I was hoping I could find a different workaround, so you wouldn't have to wait for TTG to get it fixed or send out a steam key. It is

• I've been trying to play this game for three days now - the version from Telltale throws a server communication error and my Steam version (when I eventually got a key) crashes to the desktop when the first cut scene is trying to load.
    It's beyond frustrating at this point.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

That's expected. It means that you can connect to that server and it's not a general network issue.
    That being said, there's nothing more I can try to help with this issue, but at least we have ruled some things out. Thanks for the information and I hope TTG will get you playing soon.

Hm, I get a 404 - Page not found

• Is TTG serious? I can't play this game at all. I either get the same authentication error or server communication failure that everyone else is reporting. Is it too late to get a refund?

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

If you still can't log into TWAU, please change your password on the settings page, and only use the characters from the set A-Z a-z 0-9 in the new password. Then try logging in with username and password again.

• Well what do you know. That solved the issue for me even though my password doesn't contain the mentioned characters. It seems that your password must also not contain "!" or "§".

If you still can't log into TWAU, please change your password on the settings page, and only use the characters from the set A-Z a-z 0-9 in the new password. Then try logging in with username and password again.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2013

Thanks for the info. I have updated my recommendation to only use characters from the set A-Z a-z 0-9.

Well what do you know. That solved the issue for me even though my password doesn't contain the mentioned characters. It seems that your password must also not contain "!" or "§".

Sign in to comment in this discussion.