DRM?

I'm not an "anti-DRM nut" but I do vastly prefer simple DRM free versions. I have so far avoided Walking Dead because it was Steam only. Is The Wolf Among Us DRM free here on the TTG site?

Thanks.

Comments

• The Walking Dead is available direct from the Telltale store as well as being on Steam.
    There is DRM in the games here, it requires you to login to your account in the game to verify that you have purchased it. I don't know if it requires you to be connected beyond this initial authentication.

• Oh, I didn't know Walking Dead was Steam-free here. That's good. So it uses the same activation my other TTG games use? That's better.

I was always okay with the TTG site DRM because it could be easily patched out if needed.

The Walking Dead is available direct from the Telltale store as well as being on Steam. There is DRM in the games here, it requires you to lo

• I'm a little annoyed that the only way to get it on steam is to purchase it directly from steam, i use green man gaming a lot, idk why telltale decided they needed to have their own download, im annoyed with everybody else trying to be their own steam. Looks like im stuck buying this game twice so i can have it on my steam account, ill know better next time.

• Not everyone wants all their eggs in the Steam basket. You can easily buy it on Steam if you want it there. Meanwhile I am almost always forced to use Steam despite buying elsewhere.

Vilyn117 posted: »

I'm a little annoyed that the only way to get it on steam is to purchase it directly from steam, i use green man gaming a lot, idk why telltal

• It is now the only way to get a steam key, which is a joke. They want us to use this garbage service.

Not everyone wants all their eggs in the Steam basket. You can easily buy it on Steam if you want it there. Meanwhile I am almost always forced to use Steam despite buying elsewhere.

• Rather have purchased on Steam, since buying direct from Telltale has been an UTTER DISASTER.

It is now the only way to get a steam key, which is a joke. They want us to use this garbage service.

• Yep but hey they upgraded this nice new community because the forum was "not up to TTG standards"

It is now the only way to get a steam key, which is a joke. They want us to use this garbage service.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

The Telltale Store version is Steam free. It requires you to activate the game once, then you can play offline (I just tried this two hours ago).

Some authentication problems do seem to be present at the moment though. But it does not seem to happen to everyone, and only has to work once.

Season DVDs usually have either a simple disc check or are entirely DRM free.

I never use Steam, because I don't particularly wish to help maneuver the PC gaming community into dependency from a digital publisher monopoly, which would mean the end of PC gaming should it ever come to pass. And that's that.

Oh, I didn't know Walking Dead was Steam-free here. That's good. So it uses the same activation my other TTG games use? That's better. I was always okay with the TTG site DRM because it could be easily patched out if needed.

• I'd love to know how you got offline to work. I've logged into the game once (activated it?), then tried playing offline with no success. Just says login failed, and kicks me back. I happened to by the non-steam version accidentally, and am really regretting it...

Vainamoinen posted: »

The Telltale Store version is Steam free. It requires you to activate the game once, then you can play offline (I just tried this two hours ag

Sign in to comment in this discussion.