No Cursor & Can't Connect to Server

So the server issues I figure will go away in time but when I launch the game it says click anywhere to begin but I have no cursor to do so.

I have to hit a key on my keyboard to move forward. After that I have to keep shaking my mouse until the regular desktop cursor appears so I can click on the username and password fields. After that it tells me it can't connect to the server.

Then if I click frantically on my left and right mouse buttons the in-game cursor will finally appear. There's no way to exit the game from this screen so I have to click logout and type in nonsense into one of the login fields to bring me to the menu with the Exit option. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited October 2013

Got the same issue with the cursos (I'm using Win8) I don't know how I figuret out that doing Ctr+Alt+Del to open the task manager makes my cursor appear when I go back to the game. Minor but annoying bug.

As for the login issues... After the ridiculous launch failure I decided to use my steam key to play and that solves all the login related issues. As everyone knows, why trust the developers when you can trus a third party? Isn't it?

• Same problem here: can't connect to the server. And I didn't get the email yet with the Steam key >(

• Yeah, I ended up playing it on Steam.

The Telltale Store release still can't connect to the authentication servers and it's been like 8 hours since the download went up...

go_ob posted: »

Got the same issue with the cursos (I'm using Win8) I don't know how I figuret out that doing Ctr+Alt+Del to open the task manager makes my cu

• Using my username instead of my email solved it.

Thebis posted: »

Same problem here: can't connect to the server. And I didn't get the email yet with the Steam key >(

• ^^^
    YES!

Using username instead of email fixed it for me.

Using my username instead of my email solved it.

• Nice! That worked like a charm! =)

Using my username instead of my email solved it.

• User name worked great, thanks!

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

There's a very detailed workaround for the "No cursor" issue in the support FAQ now.

• edited October 2013

does not work for me...

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Please be more specific. What doesn't work, and what have you tried?

tibo1895 posted: »

does not work for me...

• Hi :)

I tried every possibles solutions.

Username/mail/Contact to Telltale (but they are in weekend)/delete the launcher key with cmd/reinstall/reinstall direct x...

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

I see. The login issue is something i can't fix and you might have to wait for TTG support to reply.

tibo1895 posted: »

Hi I tried every possibles solutions. Username/mail/Contact to Telltale (but they are in weekend)/delete the launcher key with cmd/reinstall/reinstall direct x...

This discussion has been closed.