where is my 'the wolf among us' steam key?

2»

Comments

• Still no key for me and no reply to my email I sent in over six days ago.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

While I realise everyone is waiting for a key I was wondering if I would receive a code, as I didn't "pre-order" the series.

Exactly that isn't how it's meant to work, I am afraid. The Telltale Store customers who preordered had to wait a few hours longer than the customers on Steam, so Telltale's PR decided to make up for it by giving out Steam keys. This was just a thank you for the waiters, not an obligation or anything.

In fact, should the Telltale Store version release SOONER than Steam in those subsequent episodes, I wonder wether people with Telltale Store version AND Steam key will be prompted to install/deinstall/transfer saves just to be able to play the game mere hours sooner, potentially leading to a bit of chaos. I personally don't consider this to be a perfectly satisfying solution, but let's see where it leads them.

IndraHatton posted: »

I watched part of a "Let's Play" on YouTube and loved the premise of 'The Wolf Among Us'. However I was tossing up whether to buy it off Steam

• Sent. It's just one poorly worded phrase that has me bugged.

I doubt they'd do that to you it's a Steam key AS WELL as your TTG version. If you don't mind sharing the e-mail (leaving out anything pers

• Thank you for the reply explaining my situation in detail, I would like to hope at the end when we receive the DVD we can get a Steam activation code, however it is just an added bonus and I'll still be able to enjoy the series just the same.

Vainamoinen posted: »

While I realise everyone is waiting for a key I was wondering if I would receive a code, as I didn't "pre-order" the series. Exactly t

• I too would like a Steam key please and thank you.

• Just got a reply to my email,

"
    If you purchased the game directly from the Telltale website during the pre-order window, you are entitled to a Steam key. If you fall into this category, but did not receive a key, please let us know. Include the email address you used to make your purchase. However if you purchased The Wolf Among Us from a third party website and would prefer a Steam code, please send us the TTG code you were given, and we will be able to provide you with a Steam code"

So it seems that it indeed was meant only for orders via TellTales own site but if you still would prefer a steam code you can get one from them but have to give them your game key first, not sure if it's so they can disable it (I assume so, that way people can't get a steam code and turn around and give it away or sell it).

• I asked for a Steam key, but they haven't revoked my copy yet.

Stiler posted: »

Just got a reply to my email, " If you purchased the game directly from the Telltale website during the pre-order window, you are entitled

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Correct, they won't revoke the Telltale version.

Gibbeynator posted: »

I asked for a Steam key, but they haven't revoked my copy yet.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

The DVD (probably out mid next year) will have the complete game on it and no need to go online to play it; all perks of Steam aside, THAT'S probably the best version of the game you can get!

IndraHatton posted: »

Thank you for the reply explaining my situation in detail, I would like to hope at the end when we receive the DVD we can get a Steam activation code, however it is just an added bonus and I'll still be able to enjoy the series just the same.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.