The dynamics of Iron Man for Metroid movie

edited May 2008 in General Chat
I have seen Iron Man the Movie today, and it was totally awesome! After the movie, my brain started comparing the mechanical special effects to Samus Aran's power suit. If producing a Super Metroid film is possible, should the same methods be used to make a perfect, battle-hardened Samus?

Comments

• ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    After the movie, my brain started comparing the mechanical special effects to Samus Aran's power suit.

Lucky, MY brain always wants me to start fires.
  • edited May 2008
    At least yours doesn't tell you to kill people and drink their blood while it's still warm.

>_>

<_<

What are you looking at?
  • edited May 2008
    OK, let me change the subject; If Samus and Iron Man are battling each other, which character do you believe is going to win?
    edited May 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    OK, let me change the subject; If Samus and Iron Man are battling each other, which character do you believe is going to win?

Captain Falcon.
  • edited May 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »

It depends how many suit upgrades Samus has.
    edited May 2008
    Badwolf wrote: »
    It depends how many suit upgrades Samus has.

And if Iron Man has reached Super Saiyan 3 yet.
  • edited May 2008
    And whether or not this takes place per or post civil war, the marvel one, where he has a a whole legion of superheroes at his disposal along with SHIELD.
  • edited May 2008
    or if samus can use her ship to run iron man over.

im pretty sure that samus would win what with energy ball guns and super missiles
  • edited May 2008
    I think my money is on Iron Man, and not just because I liked the movie, to my surprise.

RDJ did a good job with Tony Stark.
  • edited May 2008
    Damon wrote: »
    RDJ did a good job with Tony Stark.

I like what Chuck had to say on his blog, "A character who’s really an unlikeable asshole, but somehow manages to win people over by being so charismatic, is not an easy character to play.", and I think Robert Downy Jr. did an excellent job doing that.
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    I'm not sure how much further off-track I can get, but this is all I see for "topics for discussing the Iron Man movie". And I'd like to say that Iron Man was a really great movie - it's the first thing Iron Man-related that's ever gotten me to care about anything Iron Man-related. Great casting, great suit, great job. As superhero origin movies go, this one beats most of 'em hands down.

ironman-jai.gif

As far as the actual topic goes, though, I think that if the people who came up with Downey Jr.'s suit for Iron Man made the Metroid suit . . . that suit would ALSO be ridiculously awesome-looking. And I have no idea who would win in a fight, or even what they would fight over.
  • edited May 2008
    Samus with the child support payments via court... Wha? Tony Stark is a playboy, was and will always be one.
  • edited May 2008
    I really don't get why Iron Man is so praised. It's a decent movie and RDJ does a great job, but what makes it any better than the next comic-to-big screen movie?

To me, it was just Marvel Movie nr. 23
    (the number is there just for flavor)
    edited May 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    but what makes it any better than the next comic-to-big screen movie?
    (the number is there just for flavor)

Because it is! It's simple without being condescending, funny without being goofy. It's just good all around, which puts it an arm and a leg ahead Rise of the Silver Surfer and Spiderman 3.
  • edited May 2008
    Tony Stark is a womanizing-alcoholic with a genius touch on making awesome weapon.

Samus is just a space bounty hunter which have no personality or flaws other than breaking the barrier of a woman character as the lead role in a side scroller space adventure game (take that Lara Croft and Ms. Pac Man!).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.