TWAU - No gamepad support on PC?

Am I missing something or does the PC version [Steam to be precise] not have gamepad support? It's kind of odd since every Telltale game since The Devil's Playhouse had it and, quite frankly, played a thousand times better with a pad than with M&KB.

I'm not even trying to play it with something exotic, just a standard wireless 360 Pad that's recognised fine by TWD.

Comments

• I have tried with a PS3 controller as well and it didn't work so I assume its just an error and they'll get to patching it.... soon... like the 2nd episode soon.

• edited October 2013

I played the Steam version with a wired 360 controller and it worked fine, so it does work with gamepads. I'm unsure if it's the fact that you're using a wireless controller that's causing the problem though.

As for PS3 controllers... that needs bluetooth, right? I'm not sure if that's supported by TWAU.

I'll move the thread over to the support section, see if they can help further.

Disclaimer: Moderators on this forum are volunteers from the community and are not employees of the company. Our posts merely express our personal opinion and should not be mistaken for official company statements.

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2013

We officially support wired xbox controllers. Some other wired controllers may work, though we don't officially support any wireless controllers. Controllers are not supported by Windows 8 for our games, but that will be resolved when Windows 8.1 launches later this month. If you wish, you can search our forums for the user posted workaround to use a controller with Windows 8. As this is not an official solution, we recommend waiting for Windows 8.1 or playing without a gamepad.

• Don't know what it was the other day but now the pad works with TWAU. Sorry to have bothered you. :)

This discussion has been closed.