Can't Communicate with Telltale Server

I've downloaded the client and installed the game several times since launch since I heard that the first release of The Wolf Among(st) Us was an incomplete build. But no matter what I try I can't get my game to connect. Is there a workaround available or another build that can be uploaded? I only get one of two screens: one telling me to signout or quit (when I enter incomplete information, such as my username instead of my email address), or another that just says "Can't Communicate With Telltale Server".

Please help.

Comments

• Same thing happening to me. Still not resolved. I've uninstalled, deleted every trace of the game from my com, re-downloaded the installer, and still the same thing. Used both my Username and Email. Man is this frustrating.

• Used both my Username and Email. Man is this frustrating.

Very frustrating!

abz posted: »

Same thing happening to me. Still not resolved. I've uninstalled, deleted every trace of the game from my com, re-downloaded the installer, and still the same thing. Used both my Username and Email. Man is this frustrating.

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Due to the recent launch of the game, we are experiencing a higher than normal number of server requests. If you continue trying your login, you should be able to gain access to the game. We do apologize for the delay.

• Thank you MattP and staff for working on a fix. We know we're being big babies, but hope you still love us anyway. Thank you!

• Hmmm a message like, sorry you are 592456th in line would be nicer than cannot communicate with server. Not that I don't need the install/uninstall 4 times practice. On the bright side, Wallace and Grommit is a cute game.

• Does it only attempt to connect once? It'd be nice to have a retry button, because I've had to paste my name and type my password a billion times since yesterday.

MattP posted: »

Due to the recent launch of the game, we are experiencing a higher than normal number of server requests. If you continue trying your login, you should be able to gain access to the game. We do apologize for the delay.

• edited October 2013

Edit: I resolved the issue.

• I have the same issue.

• Hey Mattco, on another thread they recommend using your user name not your email address as indicated. I tried this and it worked. Hope you get to play, the game is fun :)

This discussion has been closed.