Soundtrack is great!

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Man, I am in love with this game's soundtrack. The main menu song is catchy, and the opening and ending song to Episode 1 was great. Someone else who agrees?

I'm looking foward to the next episodes. It's a good start!

Comments

• I agree, some songs sound somewhat similar to Walking Dead music, perhaps even remixes, man Jared Emmerson Johnson is so good at what he does right?

• Agreed. Here's hoping for an OST!

• Somehow, I am doubting that will happen, they never released the OST for Walking Dead, so the odds are not in our favor, I do hope I am wrong it is good music.

• Yeah, the music played during the investigation just after we see Faith's chopped head reminded me sooooooooooooooooooooo much of TWD' :D

• Yeah, the music played during the investigation just after we see Faith's chopped head reminded me sooooooooooooooooooooo much of TWD' :D

• i noticed in the bar they were listening to Sam and Max office theme tune (i think)

or at least a version of it, maybe a different one i need to play it again to be sure

• I think the music that plays at the very start while your in the car sounds kind of like the music when you first enter the mansion in episode 4 of Walking Dead, but it might be just the tone was similar.

• It's the Poker Night version of the Sam & Max Office Theme.

i noticed in the bar they were listening to Sam and Max office theme tune (i think) or at least a version of it, maybe a different one i need to play it again to be sure

• The main menu theme is so amazing, I sat there for like 5 minutes it was so good.

• I hope they release the OST this time! Or, at least, have it on the collector's DVD...

• Then again I own the Sam & Max Season 1+2 OST set. If they don't want to release it as a physical item for whatever reason, they could always put it out as a DLC pack similarly to how other games on Steam have done.

Somehow, I am doubting that will happen, they never released the OST for Walking Dead, so the odds are not in our favor, I do hope I am wrong it is good music.

• That main menu was pretty much the best, music included.

roco300 posted: »

The main menu theme is so amazing, I sat there for like 5 minutes it was so good.

• The movie Drive came to my mind because the music and the photography of the cinematic transitions. Very cool!

• The best song in the game was the one after meeting Faith and when darkness appears when he lights his cigarette.

• I was blown away with the presentation of the main menu screen. It's rare that you don't actually want to start the game right away because the menus are so good!

The rest of the soundtrack was equally good, as was the voice acting. Telltale have really excelled themselves this time around -- no skimping on audio quality. Brilliant work.

Pegglef posted: »

That main menu was pretty much the best, music included.

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni

Good catch! We start it pretty far into a guitar solo to try and hide it initially, but if you sit in the bar long enough, it'll make its way back to the main theme.

When Jared first dropped that track, I played it on loop for almost a full day. I think it was originally for an investigation scene, but I couldn't see it anywhere but the main menu. So sexy.

roco300 posted: »

The main menu theme is so amazing, I sat there for like 5 minutes it was so good.

My favorite too. If an OST ever appeared, you'd get to hear the extended version, which is even better.

Davisx3m posted: »

The best song in the game was the one after meeting Faith and when darkness appears when he lights his cigarette.

• Fantastic!

NickTTG posted: »

My favorite too. If an OST ever appeared, you'd get to hear the extended version, which is even better.

• Incredible. :D

• I need this, where can I buy it?!

• +1 for an OST, would buy one if released.

NickTTG posted: »

• Yeah I noticed this right away thought it was pretty awesome that TTG put it in. It helps that I was playing Poker night recently.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.