SCEE forgetting about telltale?

I was just checking out the kotaku story on Siren:Blood Curse for the PS3. SCEE's statement reads:

"In a gaming first, Siren Blood Curse will be released episodically, keeping gamers on the edge of their seats until the next download arrives in PSN"

So they are either talking about Siren specifically or forgot about telltale.

Comments

• edited May 2008
    They might be talking about just the PSN service which we currently don't release on.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Also, companies often say in press releases that they're the first to do something even if they're not. :p

(Hasn't Rat Race also been announced for PSN?)
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Sony PR is glorious.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Everyone does it. In our last press release I called SBCG4AP the first episodic series for connected consoles, even though the first episode of the Penny Arcade game will probably come out before the first episode of Strong Bad.

I don't remember exactly why I did that. I had a good reason at the time. (Probably because I was already thinking ahead to the fact that Strong Bad will be the first with a set schedule of monthly releases.) But the Hothead guys probably read it and said, "Huh?" just like we're saying "Huh?" right now.

Anyway, I'm sure it made sense in Sony PR's head. I didn't mean to imply that they purposefully lied or something.
  • edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    In our last press release I called SBCG4AP the first episodic series for connected consoles, even though the first episode of the Penny Arcade game will probably come out before the first episode of Strong Bad.
    i am shocked..:eek:...i would have expected that from anybody...but from you?
    no, seriously, they still don't have an official release date - at least i couldn't find one - and so you were only probably wrong..
  • edited May 2008
    Maybe they mean that this is actually developed as a single game, and then split up to be released 'episodically'.
  • edited May 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Maybe they mean that this is actually developed as a single game, and then split up to be released 'episodically'.

That doesn't work either, because Insecticide's likely to beat them to THAT punch. "Coming very soon" versus "coming this summer"? No.
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    But the Hothead guys probably read it and said, "Huh?" just like we're saying "Huh?" right now.

Huh?

:D
  • edited May 2008
    Haggis wrote: »

I think you could technically file the .hack and .hack//G.U. series under that tho.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.