Telltale vs MotionInJoy?

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

I usually play many games with my PS3 controller thanks to MotionInJoy software. I know they're unofficial drivers, but they turn the controller into a simulated Xbox controller and it has been recognised as so by many games, even The Walking Dead or Jurassic Park.

But I don't know why, since I have my new Windows 8 laptop, there's no way to use it. I've tried to play Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us with my PS3 controller but both games fail at start. Can I solve this?

Comments

• Xpadder maybe? I'm not that much familiar with controller software, but I used it once. Not with a PS3 controller, though.

• Another lazy non-implementation. They did it with Rogue Legacy after release, let's see if TT even bothers...

• Not a single response, Telltale? :(

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The issue that the game doesn't start is a Windows 8 problem, that's fixed in Windows 8.1.
    There's also the possibility of an unofficial workaround. Please check the support FAQ under "PC: Windows 8 - The game doesn't start" for details.
    This should work for various TTG games.

• Yeah! Everything is fine with Windows 8.1
    :D

• MotionInJoy is the most piece of crap I have ever seen, DON'T use it if you have the chance. Use those drivers instead (no blue screen of death, no errors, multiple controllers allowed, etc): http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

• I actually installed those drivers a few days ago. Much much better than MotionInJoy.

CTCCoco posted: »

MotionInJoy is the most piece of crap I have ever seen, DON'T use it if you have the chance. Use those drivers instead (no blue screen of deat

Sign in to comment in this discussion.