Analysis and Explanation on Episodes titles and Ginger Guy

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Look, I applaud the deduction on Boy who cried wolf, which I also kind of contributed a little, but to claim him as the murder is just one step too far in my opinion. Although I haven’t read the comics, it seems to me that despite the drastic change in characters between the original fable characters and those in fabletown, usually their essence remains the same, especially the capacity of violence, those who killed in fables still got it and those got butchered remain vulnerable. I think Boy who cried wolf did exactly what he did in his original story: crying wolf, which was to releasing fake warnings to draw attention by putting fake heads in front of woodlands, TWICE. I would say this ginger guy has pretty much finished his job until EP5.

Now regarding the titles of the incoming titles, I think EP4 “in sheep’s clothing” is a very obvious reference to the biblical idiom “wolf in sheep’s clothing”, which in the new testament says: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves (Gospel of Matthew 7:15, King James Version), which coincides with Bigby’s current situation, trying to be the guy holding up the rules and helping his fellow fables. And then in EP5 somebody will “Cry wolf”, pointing out that Bigby is still the brutal and cruel murderous wolf he used to be, an ultimate revenge for boy who cried wolf. Of course by discrediting Bigby the mastermind behind all the plots will have a bigger purpose. Well, you need to give TellTale some time to regroup, right?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.