The wolf among us exe crash

2»

Comments

• So I need a new graphics chip to play the game? If I update it will that help :) ?

DjNDB posted: »

That's a known crash on Intel Graphics. That's why Intel graphics chips are not recommended for TTG's games.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

If that's possible, it should help, but since it's a notebook that's rarely an option.

So I need a new graphics chip to play the game? If I update it will that help ?

• That's unfortunate. It would be good if there was some sort of notification that let you know that your driver was outdated before you spend $25 on a game you can't play.

Is there some way I can get a version on the PS3 instead?

If that's possible, it should help, but since it's a notebook that's rarely an option.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

The system requirements are listed on the Steam store and in the FAQ on this site, and explicitly state that it's not recommended for Intel integrated graphics.

I don't know if Steam will give you a refund based on incompatibility of your system, but I would give it a try.

That's unfortunate. It would be good if there was some sort of notification that let you know that your driver was outdated before you spend $25 on a game you can't play. Is there some way I can get a version on the PS3 instead?

• Hey, I have the same problem

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i1plv0

I had that kind of problem with the last Walking Dead, but put back the high quality corrected the problem. I try to do the same in TWAU but it didn't work.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Name: NVIDIA GeForce 310M

Signature du problème :
    P1 : TheWolfAmongUs.exe
    P2 : 2013.10.10.25546
    P3 : 52570eb1
    P4 : igdumd32.dll
    P5 : 8.15.10.2361
    P6 : 4da1fa7d
    P7 : c0000005
    P8 : 000015a4

You have two graphics chips. Intel chips don't work well with TTG's games and in this case it caused the crash. Please check your graphics drivers settings to make sure the game uses the Nvidia graphics chip.

SerieAddict posted: »

Hey, I have the same problem http://www.sendspace.com/file/i1plv0 I had that kind of problem with the last Walking Dead, but put back the high quality corrected the problem. I try to do the same in TWAU but it didn't work.

• It worked ! Thank you very much !

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Name: NVIDIA GeForce 310M Signature du problème : P1 : TheWolfAmongUs.exe P2 : 2013.10.10.2554

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Problem signature:
    P1: TheWolfAmongUs.exe
    P2: 2013.10.10.25546
    P3: 52570eb1
    P4: StackHash_5861
    P5: 0.0.0.0
    P6: 00000000
    P7: PCH_C6_FROM_ntdll+0x0003C1AC
    P8: c0000005
    P9: 00000008

Problem signature:
    P4: DINPUT8.dll
    P5: 6.2.9200.16384
    P6: 5010a805
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 0000ff7f
    P9:
    P10:

Please verify the game cache files.

Please also check the properties of the Steam.exe, your Steam icons, and the games .exe files, and disable any compatibility mode settings.
    Sometimes compatibility mode is checked, but is grayed out. Then you have to click on "Change settings for all users" at the bottom to disable the checkbox.
    Afterwards try if the game works.

If you made absolutely sure, that the method mentioned above didn't work to disable it, you can try disabling it in the registry. Then restart the computer and try running the game again.

If it still doesn't work, please uninstall VJoy Virtual Joystick.

Here's mine: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qaxmgz

• I've been running into the same problem where i can open the game and get to read what I assume is all of the intro text, and right after "he protects the from eachother" it crashes out.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktslt1

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Problem signature:
    P4: igdumd32.dll
    P5: 8.15.10.2476
    P6: 4e415161
    P8: 0000171a

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Name: Radeon (TM) HD 7690M XT

The game crashes because it uses your Intel graphics chip. Please check your graphics driver's settings to make sure the game uses the AMD chip.

You should als try updating your intel and amd graphics drivers.

Graplevader posted: »

I've been running into the same problem where i can open the game and get to read what I assume is all of the intro text, and right after "he protects the from eachother" it crashes out. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktslt1

• Hi,

I just installed the game and it can't start without crashing.

Here is the ling to the diag http://www.sendspace.com/file/eur62i

Thanks for helping

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Problem signature:
    P1: The Wolf Among Us.exe
    P2: 2013.11.14.26331
    P3: 52856dfc
    P4: The Wolf Among Us.exe
    P5: 2013.11.14.26331
    P6: 52856dfc
    P8: 00005d1d

D:\Jeux installés\wolf\

The game crashes because of the é in the installation path. Exclamation marks, umlauts or diacritics are problematic with the game. You can try installing it to a location with only a-z in the path.

Zoeuf posted: »

Hi, I just installed the game and it can't start without crashing. Here is the ling to the diag http://www.sendspace.com/file/eur62i Thanks for helping

• Thanks i just changed the folder name and it works :)

Problem signature: P1: The Wolf Among Us.exe P2: 2013.11.14.26331 P3: 52856dfc P4: The Wolf Among Us.exe P5: 2013.11.14.26331

• Hi, I got similar problem... played well enough the TWAU episode 1, 2 and 3 first time but when tried to play episode 3 with different save it kept crashing... here is my details. Appreciate yr help in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikp649p8kowa1ci/TWAU_support_data_pc.zip

Thanks

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are playing the game in a Compatibility Mode, or if you are running the game as an administrator? Please make sure that you do not have too many programs running in the background that may be taking some of the required memory to run the game successfully.

If you have the option, I suggest switching your computer to 'High Performance' mode from inside the Control Panel on your computer, to make sure you are getting the most power out of your system.

JokerGR posted: »

Hi, I got similar problem... played well enough the TWAU episode 1, 2 and 3 first time but when tried to play episode 3 with different save

• Hi Mike, it was playing fine without any compatibility mode neither administrator rights. I have finished episode 3 once but trying to play a different save and it crashes. I tried the best performance option as well but nothing changed... apologies for the late reply, I was away due to Easter days...

Any other thoughts?

Thanks, D

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if you are playing the game in a Compatibility Mode, or if you are running the gam

Can you please clarify what you mean by 'play with a different save'? Do you mean you wanted to continue your save game from a different save slot? Or start Episode 3 new without any save data?

Hi Mike, it was playing fine without any compatibility mode neither administrator rights. I have finished episode 3 once but trying to play

• hi, I mean I wanted to play episode 3 from a different save game (a different story based on my choices). So I got 3 save games in TWAU and I finished episode 3 from my regular one. I now wanted to play my alternate one. I started OK but half way through it stopped working and it crashes all the time. Did you check my PC DATA and are these OK? what is very strange is that it was working fine and now it cannot continue playing...so the game boots properly, then i get to the main menu but when I select to play anything (rewind or continue) it cannot load the game and it crashes.

Can you please clarify what you mean by 'play with a different save'? Do you mean you wanted to continue your save game from a different save slot? Or start Episode 3 new without any save data?

I apologize for the inconvenience. If the game ever crashed while saving or loading into a save slot, the save file(s) may have become corrupted. If this is the case, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the game, and I would recommend then starting the game and see if your saves can then be used. If not, you may need to delete your save files and start fresh. My apologies for any difficulties this may cause.

hi, I mean I wanted to play episode 3 from a different save game (a different story based on my choices). So I got 3 save games in TWAU and

• Hi, I did already try to uninstall and reinstall the game which did not work. Now that you said it might be the save files I tried starting a new save and it did work. Thanks for this solution.

Thanks, D

I apologize for the inconvenience. If the game ever crashed while saving or loading into a save slot, the save file(s) may have become corru

My apologies, can you please clarify where in the game you are crashing? Is it right at the beginning of the episode, or during the playthrough of the episode?

Hi, I did already try to uninstall and reinstall the game which did not work. Now that you said it might be the save files I tried starting a new save and it did work. Thanks for this solution. Thanks, D

• It was during the play through of the episode but when I was trying to load a save.

My apologies, can you please clarify where in the game you are crashing? Is it right at the beginning of the episode, or during the playthrough of the episode?

Thank you for the extra information, I hope you are able to enjoy the game!

It was during the play through of the episode but when I was trying to load a save.

This discussion has been closed.