SBCG4AP contest: Get your name in the game!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
3_sm.jpg

Okay, here's one for those of you who live too far away to do playtests with us... you have the chance to get your name into the first episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People!

All you have to do is write an awesome tagline for Snake Boxer 5, the Videlectrix arcade game that makes an appearance in the first episode. All the details are here!

This is a really quick contest (closing Tuesday 5/13 at 9:00am Pacific time), so don't delay! Get those creative juices flowing!

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Awesome idea. Have to get thinking.
  • edited May 2008
    Do we send all the tag-lines in one e-mail, or can we send them one at a time? I don't want to "spam", so can you please tell me?
  • edited May 2008
    Snake Boxing 5
    "This time you won't get away!"

WARNING
    (Game may contain traces of poison, caution when handling)
  • edited May 2008
    If you don't want to spam you should probably send them all in one email.
  • edited May 2008
    Thank you.
  • edited May 2008
    I have a question for the Telltale folks unrelated to the contest but related to Snake Boxer 5 - is Snake Boxer 5 by Videlectrix or some other fictional game company? The fans haven't listed it as a Videlectrix game on the Homestar Runner Wiki, likely because they don't have any official info saying so. I've just checked a video featuring the game and it doesn't seem to say anywhere that Videlectrix made it - what's the official word?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    You'll find out when the first episode comes out. :D
  • edited May 2008
    Ah, good. I thought it was something you overlooked that the nerds would quibble about until the end of time.
  • edited May 2008
    this would be a lot easier if i knew how the tagline would be used, but whatever. i see what word vomit i can throw into an email. >.>
  • edited May 2008
    delimew wrote: »
    this would be a lot easier if i knew how the tagline would be used, but whatever. i see what word vomit i can throw into an email. >.>

It'll probably be used like the taglines for Snake Boxer 2 and Snake Boxer 4, which have been revealed in videos:

Snake Boxer 2: The Biting of Boxer Joe
    Snake Boxer 4: Lady Snake Parade
    edited May 2008
    Actually, those are subtitles. A tagline is like a line of ad copy. Here's how Wikipedia defines it.

We won't end up using the winning taglines in the game, just the winners' names.
  • edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Actually, those are subtitles. A tagline is like a line of ad copy. Here's how Wikipedia defines it.

We won't end up using the winning taglines in the game, just the winners' names.
    Taglines...winners...names...all plural? So more than one person will be chosen?
  • edited May 2008

Crap! I just sent like, 20 captions! :( Well, I lose.
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008

Whoops. So the taglines are supposed to be, ah, slogans? Short, snappy slogans, sorta? I think I went half and half or worse on that, then. It could be that I was trying to send in subtitles, but did it badly enough that they work as taglines, though!
  • edited May 2008
    Emily, I've got a question regarding the release form I got - what do I put for Street Address and State and Zip Code? I live in Australia, not America, so I don't know what, exactly, I should put in those spaces. I also emailed this question to you because I don't know which way will get the message to you faster.
    edited May 2008
    Don't worry, no one was disqualified for sending an incorrect tagline. :D

For the address, just fill it out how you would normally write your address.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    I submitted one, but I honestly think the guy who did "This time, it's poisonal" needs to win.
  • edited May 2008
    I emailed you the form a while ago. I hope you got it okay.
  • edited May 2008
    BiggerJ - Street Address = where you live e.g 95 Rhubarb Lane, Rhubarbville.
    Zip code = Post Code

I didn't get asked to do a release form... so I guess that probably means my slogan wasn't good enough to be a finalist :) Oh well!
  • edited May 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    I submitted one, but I honestly think the guy who did "This time, it's poisonal" needs to win.

One of mine was This time, is serpental, but I don't that was the one they picked as my winning entry. :P
  • edited May 2008
    Should I expect an email confirming that they got my form?
  • edited May 2008
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Why, thank you :) No such luck, unfortunately. I'm guessing they got a few too many variations on that theme. Oh well, 'twas fun and I gave it a good shot.
    Say, would some of you winners be willing to divulge your winning taglines? I'm sure we'd all like to see the really good stuff.
  • edited May 2008
    My slogan was 'This time we've totally got it. Seriously you guys'. I did that because it was the fifth game, and that is a quote from Homestar. Oh well (I didn't win)!
  • edited May 2008
    Didn't win here either. Congrats to the winners though. I'd also like to hear the winning taglines.
  • edited May 2008
    I would post mine, but I fear all but the winning one are crap.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    All five of my tag lines I submitted won. Man... I'm so lucky
    edited May 2008
    (Actually the winners were selected at random.)
  • edited May 2008
    I went for 'The Newest Videlectrix Venomenon!'

... and also 'A Furious Fusion of Fists 'n' Fangs!'
  • edited May 2008
    These are my entries. I didn't win, sadly, but congrats on the winners!

- Serpent Pugilist Punch!
    - Lifelike herpetology simulator
    - Snock sneaky snarky snakes snorting snacks
    - Snake slayer extraordinaire
    - In the Face of the Spitting Cobra
  • edited May 2008
    Mine was "Be a contender, not boa constrictor".

yeah, lame, I know :p
  • edited May 2008
    i wanted to submit something like "get your revenge for the original sin..", but i forgot..
    NickTTG wrote: »
    so now there are five nicks in the game??
  • edited May 2008
    Here are mine. I think the first two are the best, the rest were just random ones I came up with.

"Just like that other boxing game, but the snakes don't bite your ear off!"
    "Looks like you're gonna have to puuuunch!"
    "In a post-apocalyptic world, one man can rise up against the Snake Oppression. YOU are that man!"
    "Strong Bad was going to be in it, but he would have won every time."
    "Falcon PUNCH!"
    "Serpent PUNCH!"
    "Revenge for the Garden of Eden!"
    "Also known as 'Hit the Punch button as fast as you can!'"
    "Your parents help you left-hook it up!"
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited May 2008
    We had a ton of great entries! Way more than we expected and it quickly became impossible to pick the best ones! So all of the designers each picked random numbers to decide the winning entries! So if you were a winner, just know that we didn't just pawn the task off to the intern or the guy who delivers lunch, the actual game designers took time from their sometimes disturbingly surreal lives to hand pick your fate!
  • edited August 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    Mine was "Be a contender, not boa constrictor".

yeah, lame, I know :p

That would have been good if you took out the boa. And added an A...
  • edited August 2008
    "Snakes!Punch em'!"Yes, I just made a reference to a very adult web show.Also, is the name gonna be the super secret code?
  • edited September 2008
    who won and where are their names
    edited September 2008
    The winners' names are on one of the Snake Boxer 5 manual pages in Homestar Ruiner.
  • edited September 2008
    Can we get another please?

Because I was actually in Seattle on vacation during the time the competition came out (I live in Scotland normally). I was really hoping to hire a car and drive down, but that's an obsession too far!! (Isn't it??)

If not then it still rocks you guys ran it.

-m0r
  • edited October 2008
    NickTTG wrote: »
    (Actually the winners were selected at random.)

Sorry Nick, better luck next time!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.