i dont understand one thing...

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Why did the woodsmen not die after he got an axe to the head. I know he is a fable but Lawrence still died...

Comments

• edited October 2013

In the Fables universe how popular a character or their story is pretty much relates to directly how hard they are to kill. For instance, in the comics characters like The Big Bad Wolf, Goldilocks, and Snow White are shown to be nearly invincible because they are so well known in our world. That is not to say that it's impossible for them to die (several characters do die in the books), it's just nearly impossible. A lesser known character like the prince from the relatively obscure fairytale Donkeyskin wouldn't be as hard to kill.

So since the Woodsman is a key character in one of the best known stories of all, Little Red Riding Hood, he would be much harder to kill than Prince Lawrence.

• That makes so much sense. I guess I would have to read more of the comics to understand that. I have only read vol. 1

In the Fables universe how popular a character or their story is pretty much relates to directly how hard they are to kill. For instance, in t

• edited October 2013

I think they explained it towards the end of volume 2. It was pretty early in the series. They did say that Fables are "hard to kill" in episode one of the game, but they didn't seem to let the player know that popularity plays into it. I wonder if they'll go into why or how it works.

redwing50 posted: »

That makes so much sense. I guess I would have to read more of the comics to understand that. I have only read vol. 1

• As i mentioned in another comment. It's not good enough to just say "fables are hard to kill" without explaining why, but that would probably spoil the cliffhanger.

I think they explained it towards the end of volume 2. It was pretty early in the series. They did say that Fables are "hard to kill" in episo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.