Gren in future episodes?

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

You think gren will become a minor antagonist in the future like him trying to kill bigby for what he did?

Comments

• I think Gren is out of commission for a while, ESPECIALLY if you ripped off his arm. Now that I think about it, why was there an arm there to be ripped at all? I thought Beowulf took care of that... What I might be concerned with linearity aside is his mom possibly showing up as she is wont to do.

• Now that I think about it, why was there an arm there to be ripped at all? I thought Beowulf took care of that...

If you look closely, he had a pretty nasty scar that ran all the way around his shoulder. I figured that was an allusion to his run in with Beowulf. ;)

stabbyjo posted: »

I think Gren is out of commission for a while, ESPECIALLY if you ripped off his arm. Now that I think about it, why was there an arm there to

• I didn't immediately understand that Gren was from Beowulf.Isn't he supposed to be a dragon ?

• Beowulf did slay a dragon. But I think that Grendel and his mother were just understood to be horrible monster type creatures. If I remember correctly, he killed the dragon many years after dealing with the two of them.

Mary5 posted: »

I didn't immediately understand that Gren was from Beowulf.Isn't he supposed to be a dragon ?

• I'm sure this wasn't the last of Gren, but if you ripped off his arm I don't know if he could put up a big fight. Maybe someone will replace him? 0.o

• Maybe he's working with the killer. But I could see him returning for revenge on bigby maybe he uses his full wolf form to kill him unles gren was In the comics

• I don't really see Grendel teaming up against Bigby at all.

Two "choices" regarding Grendel are how you treat him when, from his perspective, you cut the line, and whether you decide to rip his arm off. I think they mainly have to do with how he views you, and whether he'll be cooperative later on. I figure if you blow him off and also rip his arm off, he definitely won't want anything to do with you.

The guy was just venting and decided the only way he'd be heard was by being violent. I really doubt he's going to become a villain. He might be a loner type, but when he rants at you, his sincere concern for Holly's sister and her whereabouts slips through, and it really should hit home when he feels the need to get violent, unwittingly proving that he really cares about Holly and her family.

His bio also gleans more on his inner nature, stating that the more someone violates his personal space, the more irritated he gets, until finally he snaps. Ultimately, he just wants to be left alone. He attacked Bigby and he lost, and that's the end of that. He won't go out of his way to get even because it's not his style. If he was working with the killer, he wouldn't bother standing in line, and clearly gets upset that Bigby can just go meet the mayor whenever he wants. On top of that, he doesn't have a motive.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.