So, what's the deal with Snow?

Anyone have any theories about what's going on with Snow White? I'm not just talking about her eventual fate (though I suppose that may play a part). What I'm curious about is why Snow is so much different than her comic book counterpart. In the comics, Snow is a much more hardened and self-assured character who, at one point long, long before the events of the comic or the game, had it in her to likely tracked down and systematically murdered the seven dwarves. The Snow White in TWAU is a lot more meek, nervous and very unlike the character in the books.

I suppose you could say that a couple decades (or a decapitation) can be enough to change somebody's personality quite a bit, but that's hard to justify in a character that is hundreds of years old. Any thoughts?

Comments

• I don't know much about the comics but she's the Deputy mayor by the start of it, isn't she? That kind of role and responsibility kind of forces people to be assertive and cold. Maybe once she took over the position, she grew into it more and became more of a toughened leader. Here, she's basically a secretary who has to answer to Ichabod Crane all day. That can't be great for your self-esteem.

• Snow White definitely has her insecurities and she didnt have a great relationship with Ichabod Crane. I wont spoil it but I can understand why she is nervous around him. Plus, she's probably seething with resentment that this fool gets to have massages while she does his job.

• Perhaps, but even in a more subservient role, the Snow of the comics is not the type to hide her seething resentment like the one in the game does.

KCohere posted: »

Snow White definitely has her insecurities and she didnt have a great relationship with Ichabod Crane. I wont spoil it but I can understand wh

• I dont think they are trying to recreate the comic to the letter just be a good representative of them. Snow is tough but she's not invulnerable. I guess it just depends on how you look at it.

Perhaps, but even in a more subservient role, the Snow of the comics is not the type to hide her seething resentment like the one in the game does.

• edited October 2013

It's probably telltale's version of snow, just like my bigby is nothing like the angry lonewolf he appears to be in the comics.

• I get that, and I have no problem with them changing a character somewhat to suit their story. But they've made a point of telling us about Bill Willingham being involved in the story, and how The Wolf Among Us is completely canon with the comics. It's not really an adaptation, it's a continuation. So I can't help but assume that any inconsistencies are there for a reason.

KCohere posted: »

I dont think they are trying to recreate the comic to the letter just be a good representative of them. Snow is tough but she's not invulnerable. I guess it just depends on how you look at it.

• Man, mine sure is. But I get it with Bigby. There has to be some variation in his character to allow for player input. There's no reason Snow needs to have a different personality. And it's not like it's a secondary character, it's arguably the main character in the books and the second most important character in the game. Since they've made a point of telling us that everything in the game is canon and meant to match up, you gotta assume that character inconsistencies were put there on purpose.

RoboSheriff posted: »

It's probably telltale's version of snow, just like my bigby is nothing like the angry lonewolf he appears to be in the comics.

• Well, I dont know what to tell you. If you think she is acting out of character from your point of view then I cant argue with you. I dont necessarily think that but we'll see. A person can change a lot from situation to situation.

I get that, and I have no problem with them changing a character somewhat to suit their story. But they've made a point of telling us about Bi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.