Episode Previews [Screenshots]

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

EDIT: Updated with screens

Has anyone looked at the preview pictures for each episode right after you press "PLAY" on the start menu? It has some interesting stuff. A lot could be hints to the killer and/or where the story's direction is heading.

Episode 2

Alt text

-A girl, presumably a stripper or prostitute, is shown in dark alley, smoking

-The pimp with the tattoos that Bigby was talking to is with the girl. Speculation says this guy could be a fable or a "mundy". He could also be "Georgie" (the name that Lawrence mentioned)

*Episode 3 *

Alt text

-Bigby is outside his apartment at night time, looking around

-A girl is hiding behind the gate, looking like she's about to shoot Bigby. Note that she also has a police badge and a bandage around her head. In my thoughts, this could be Snow White's sister- Rose Red.

Episode 4

Alt text

-Bigby looks to be questioning or "interrogating" Bluebeard

-Yes, this man is Bluebeard. If you look at the character pictures with each book of Fables bio, that's his model. He suspiciously looks very sinister and happy. He was mentioned to be out of the country in Episode 1, why'd he come back? Could he be the killer?

-It is also important to note that they are at the Mayor's desk in the office (currently occupied by Ichabod). Could Bluebeard done something to Ichabod?

Episode 5

Alt text

-Bigby is shown in an advanced wolf form, maybe even his final form (but we don't know)

-It looks to be the middle of the night, plus it's a full moon. Could this mean something? Also, what could have set Bigby off to turn into this giant wolf form?

-Bigby's claws are dripping blood. Who's blood is this?
~

What are your thoughts and opinions on each episode's preview image?

Comments

• i don't really want to look much or think to much about them, but the woman in episode 3 looks awesome, maybe she is a mundy that has caught on to the fables, but i bet she is a badass that suspects/distrusts bigby, but in the end they will team up and kick some ass together

• edited October 2013

Possible that maybe Bigby can't control his form during the full moon. Although someone who has read the comics can say if that is true or not.

But I am sure the is a reason behind it.

Got to say I hope he doesn't actually look like that fully formed or it is the area where they took the screenshot. His torso just looks to big for my liking.

I don't want to make assumptions but that must be Faith's pimp in Episode two the statistics at the end of episode one had a picture of him. But we only know him as "The Pimp" at the moment. Hope he turns out to be one of the Fables.

• You also forgot to note for Episode 5, that Bigby's claws are dripping blood.

• Thanks for telling me. Completely slipped my mind. Who's blood could it be? Dun dun dun

SittingDuck posted: »

You also forgot to note for Episode 5, that Bigby's claws are dripping blood.

• I see a face in the moon!!!!

• I thought everybody knows who the pimp is. It's Georgie Porgie.

d_cover posted: »

Possible that maybe Bigby can't control his form during the full moon. Although someone who has read the comics can say if that is true or not

• Let me make one important distinction in your postulation. That is not Ichabod's desk but the Mayor's desk. The Tweedles are the only ones who we sorta know work for Bluebeard and their activities are the opening of a well executed power play.

• Ok. I'll edit

stabbyjo posted: »

Let me make one important distinction in your postulation. That is not Ichabod's desk but the Mayor's desk. The Tweedles are the only ones who we sorta know work for Bluebeard and their activities are the opening of a well executed power play.

• Not sure if it's any reference , but ... there's a hanged person in the 4th picture (forest in the background) Now what I find the most interesting , there's something that looks very similar in the 3rd picture too. A little above the ground , on the left side - a figure that looks like a person in a black suit seems to be hanged as well. I can't tell for sure if that's what it is , but it looks similar.

You guys have any ideas what that might be , or mean ?

• Maybe Ichabod gets killed (hanged) in the 3rd episode , and then BlueBeard takes it's place in the 4th episode , since we see Bluebeard has taken over Ichabod's office in 4th episode.

Can't tell for sure if that's Ichabod's office tho , so it could be either wrong.

HeartLocker posted: »

Not sure if it's any reference , but ... there's a hanged person in the 4th picture (forest in the background) Now what I find the most intere

• Good theory! This hanging man is strange though... I can't think of anything

Maybe Ichabod gets killed (hanged) in the 3rd episode , and then BlueBeard takes it's place in the 4th episode , since we see Bluebeard has ta

• Regarding Ep. 3, I don't think it's Rose red. I've only read the Legends in Exile but in that, she's portrayed as a party girl, not a cop.

• Hmmm. I don't know else it could be... A mundy? What do you think?

AlvinDraper posted: »

Regarding Ep. 3, I don't think it's Rose red. I've only read the Legends in Exile but in that, she's portrayed as a party girl, not a cop.

• ok obviously that pimp is georgie, the girl is probably a mundy cop? Could be interesting dilemna, the fourth picture looks to me that Bluebeard has done something to crane or sinister or he is now in power and Bigby wil not work for the guy and tries to question him, the last picture..idk? I think its the killer

• The hanging man is a recurring character from the comics known as the Foresworn Knight. In actuality he's the ghost of Lancelot and is outfitted in full plate armour and hangs from a tree in the Mayor's Office.

Not sure if it's any reference , but ... there's a hanged person in the 4th picture (forest in the background) Now what I find the most intere

• edited October 2013

Doesn't the girl from the first picture kind of looks like Holly? ( The owner of the Trip Trap ) Grendel said that her sister has been missing and no one ever searched for her, maybe she started to work for Georgie? ( The pimp )

• edited October 2013

Pic 4 "-It is also important to note that they are at the Mayor's desk in the office (currently occupied by Ichabod). Could Bluebeard done something to Ichabod?"

I don't think bigby would be concerned enough to act like that if something would happen to Ichabod.

On a side note, i don't think it's worth to speculate or craft theories around the episode preview screenshots because in TWD they reflected little no nothing to what it actually happened in the episode.

• so maybe that is his sword on the other side, or perhaps the sword in the stone

nofacej posted: »

The hanging man is a recurring character from the comics known as the Foresworn Knight. In actuality he's the ghost of Lancelot and is outfitted in full plate armour and hangs from a tree in the Mayor's Office.

• Since her badge says 'NYPD', I'm guessing she's a mundy since I don't believe fables are apart of that force(haven't read the comics though). Bigby I believe isn't an official police officer as much as his job is to keep order in fable town and do what he can to prevent mundies from finding out about it.

Omid posted: »

Hmmm. I don't know else it could be... A mundy? What do you think?

• One of the achievements for episode 2 is 'Sisters', so she'll probably be involved next episode at least.

Doesn't the girl from the first picture kind of looks like Holly? ( The owner of the Trip Trap ) Grendel said that her sister has been missing and no one ever searched for her, maybe she started to work for Georgie? ( The pimp )

• His claws are probably bleeding because he ate the final Piggy.

• edited October 2013

The hanging figure is in the comics. He's known as The Forsworn Knight. I thought it was cool that they got that detail right. I won't say much else about him, though. Don't want to spoil it too much in case he appears in the game.

EDIT: just realized nofacej already answered this. Lol :p

• In the comics, Bigby's final form isn't a werewolf, it's an actual wolf (although an enormous one, bigger than a person). I don't know why they chose to represent Bigby in a partial state of transformation as the preview for the finale...

...Unless that isn't Bigby at all...

• It's fun to speculate! :)

RoboSheriff posted: »

Pic 4 "-It is also important to note that they are at the Mayor's desk in the office (currently occupied by Ichabod). Could Bluebeard done som

• So, if the girl cop is Snow's sister, I suspect she thinks that Bigby is the killer, so she's gonna try to kill him.

• Yes, that's what I thought too. And I just made a theory! Maybe that girl is Cinderella! She's a spy in the comics, right?

hihitwd posted: »

So, if the girl cop is Snow's sister, I suspect she thinks that Bigby is the killer, so she's gonna try to kill him.

• "Rose Red usually dresses in red and almost always has some sort of rose motif in her clothing, even if it is just a scarf tied in the shape of a blossom."

Cinderella has blond hair. This one is a cop, possibly human.

Yes, that's what I thought too. And I just made a theory! Maybe that girl is Cinderella! She's a spy in the comics, right?

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

And the Telltale team LOVES reading all the theories! :D

It's fun to speculate!

• The hanging man is there already in episode 1.
    I think of it as an Ester Egg for "The Juniper Tree" in Issue 17 of the Grimm Fairy Tales Comics.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

On a side note, i don't think it's worth to speculate or craft theories around the episode preview screenshots because in TWD they reflected little no nothing to what it actually happened in the episode.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. The Walking Dead episode choice screens were pretty accurate most of the time. The character constellation for the central episode 2 conflict was correct, and the defining locations of episode 3 and 4 were given away in those screens. It's a real stretch to say that the episode 5 screen spoiled the ending, but, well, at least it wasn't inaccurate.

I believe, the higher the episode number, the lower the chance that Telltale was far enough into development to really accurately portray the situations they're going to do eventually. The Bigby-Bluebeard conflict is practically certain with that picture for episode 4 - but I don't believe it will take place in the mayor's office. The in game model of Bluebeard's house probably just wasn't finished by the time the episode preview screens were made, so they were just going for a substitute. ;)

RoboSheriff posted: »

Pic 4 "-It is also important to note that they are at the Mayor's desk in the office (currently occupied by Ichabod). Could Bluebeard done som

• the cop chick is not rose red, she is more of a bitchy brat so sorry guys, i think its a mundy

• Speculation: Could the redheaded girl in the episode 2 preview be Rose Red? Granted I don't see her wearing any rose symbol as she usually does in the comic, but the clothing style seems to fit her, and that would also fit the 'Sisters' theme. Also, there is something red on the wall in that picture, that I can't quite make out but somewhat resembles a rose.

• Maybe that girl could be Holly's sister? It's a long shot but she did mention her and an achievement for episode 2 mentions "sisters"

• Thanks for reading! And keep being awesome haha!

puzzlebox posted: »

And the Telltale team LOVES reading all the theories!

• edited October 2013

I haven't read Fables D: - and I can't find a picture on google. Could beast look like the final guy there (if it's not bigby)? Or does he look different? - I'm no good at guessing. I thought Holly was a goat - but they are probably on this farm thing people keep talking about? I need to go search amazon or something...

• I don't think that's beast. Based in the episode 2 preview he had horns and red eyes

I haven't read Fables - and I can't find a picture on google. Could beast look like the final guy there (if it's not bigby)? Or does he look

• oh yeah. I remember the clips at the end. The wolf Bigby - and then one with beast :3. I kind of know what it felt like for the people who didn't read TWD before playing. Except at least those characters are human. I cannot tell who's who, or what's what at the moment. I think I need more playthroughs. Also not sure if mentioning the end clips are spoilers or not :/

• It's ok. This whole thread is spoiler locked anyway

• edited October 2013

Interesting theory, maybe these could make more sense if you connect them with the achievements?
    Alt text
    1. Probably taking Dee or Woody to prison/jail
    2. Interrogating them
    3. Something about Holly's sister (At the bar Gren said she was missing)
    4. ?
    5. ?

• Well I doubt that's the full form. I mean he is obviously trying not to go full wolf all the time so I imagine that's just closer to wolf than we've seen him up til now.

Fabrimuch posted: »

In the comics, Bigby's final form isn't a werewolf, it's an actual wolf (although an enormous one, bigger than a person). I don't know why the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.