Fables Comics! Where do I start?

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

After playing TWAU I would really like to start reading Fables comic series. Can someone point me in the right direction on where to start and the best way to start.

Comments

• Just start with volume 1

The trade volumes by vertigo can be found almost anywhere - and they're all pretty damn good - but we're talking about a huge story here and it's best to start at the beginning.

• I have also decided to read the Fables series, and have started at the beginning, Volume 1 of the Vertigo series. I just read the whole of volume 1 tonight, and I loved every page. Especially the short story at the end, the craftsmanship in it's writing knows no bounds.

I cannot recommend enough that you start at the beginning. The beginning is where all tales begin, after all.

Enjoy the read.

• As gandhi and Toadbomb said, begin at the beginning. But be aware that you may find yourself addicted. :)

When I started the series I think volumes 1 - 11 had been published. I burned through them quickly and I was so antsy to read more. They couldn't publish them fast enough for me. :)

• it only gets better from there. especially when the scope of the story widens into a full blown fantasy epic.

Toadbomb posted: »

I have also decided to read the Fables series, and have started at the beginning, Volume 1 of the Vertigo series. I just read the whole of vol

• You could get the Deluxe Editions like I did, but I work at a book store and got them at discount.

Personally, I can't wait for the Fables Encyclopedia that supposed to be coming out at the end of this month. Now that should be pretty promising.

• Thanks a bunch!

gandhi posted: »

http://www.amazon.com/Fables-Vol-Legends-Exile-Edition/dp/140123755X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382557725&sr=8-1&keywords=fables+volume+1

• Thanks everyone! I better get reading...

• just started reading the comics and damn, snow white's a bitch compared to herself in twau

• I wouldn't say she's a bitch, I'd just say she's hardened with the time and pressure of having to keep everyone from killing each other all the time.

Cyphox posted: »

just started reading the comics and damn, snow white's a bitch compared to herself in twau

• Definitely start with the beginning. I've been reading the comic for years, ever since I read the first issue in a preview volume and fell in love with the first line:

Once upon a time, in a fictional land called New York City ...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.