Perhaps I'm Just Being Paranoid...

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Our intro scene seems to me that it should contain more information that is blatantly obvious, especially since if you have the subtitles on, you notice that they are still lacking in the weather forecast being given as you're being driven to South Bronx. In case you're wondering, here's a transcript for you:

"105 today again, if you missed it. A record for the day, hottest ever in June, 103 now and that humidity looks low, but remember, the hotter the air is, the more moisture it can hold. So, 103 with 31% humidity is a lot more humid than 73 with 31% humidity. And it's muggy out there."

This weather seemed unusual to me, but I live on the west coast, and I don't know what temperatures are normally in June for New York. So I looked it up: here. Looks like the average is an 81 high with a 64 low.

Now what is this all supposed to mean to our intrepid detective? I think this odd weather might be indicative of some sort of strange magic being worked. Now, what kind of magic? No idea.

Any one have any theories? It could after all, just be hot weather, and all that we players should deign from this is that IT'S HOT. But, it just seemed weird that it isn't mentioned at all for the rest of the episode, when they make such a big deal out of it in the beginning. After all, they could've just had some sort of suspenseful music playing as he was being driven up, but instead it's this weather report that's our first communication into this world, and it seems to me that it should therefor be important.

So...What do you think?

Comments

• edited October 2013

I am gonna go with simple immersion here man, sorry. But hot weather is known to make tempers flare, so maybe it's just foreshadowing all the hot tempers about to flare up.

• Ah, especially with that full-looking moon in the background - it's claimed that the moon can affect moods as well.

Vilyn117 posted: »

I am gonna go with simple immersion here man, sorry. But hot weather is known to make tempers flare, so maybe it's just foreshadowing all the hot tempers about to flare up.

• One of the things you can ask Toad when you find the fire poker in his apartment was why he was using it in the middle of a heat wave. I doubt that was why they chose the intro sequence but there was actually a (very small) reference to the hot weather in the game. I agree with Vilyn that it's probably just there to set the tone and atmosphere.

• It's not unusual at all to get a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit in New York City, especially considering that the buildings themselves act as insulators, which makes the temperature even hotter. So, 103°F is not a strange temperature at all. At the page you linked to, you'll see the highest recorded temperature ever in the Bronx was 107°F.

• I'll check how he reacts

DomeWing333 posted: »

One of the things you can ask Toad when you find the fire poker in his apartment was why he was using it in the middle of a heat wave. I doubt

Sign in to comment in this discussion.