Telltale announces iOS, Vita ports coming later this fall

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Telltale just announced over Twitter and Facebook that we are getting TWAU on Vita and iOS this fall. I'm looking forward to seeing how good the iOS version manages to look in particular. What do you guys think?

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

I think it's exciting! ;)

• It's amazing you guys got the game running on iOS with graphics that good. Retina display will look really nice too.

puzzlebox posted: »

I think it's exciting!

• Just saw this is awesome! :D

• I'm really kicking myself now...
    The only reason I bought TWAU on PC was because there was no news of it ever coming out for iOS anytime soon and I didn't want to wait for such an awesome game.
    Does this mean i'll have to buy it all over again if i want to play it on my iPad? (Which is actually my preferred playing method)

• android, me wantz version for android

• I don't believe it, what about fixing the qwerty bullshit and subs in a decent amount of languages before keeping on being money grabbing?

I put money in three TWD licenses for my friends and they can't bloody play it correctly

F.U, Telltale, F.U.

You won't get any more of my money. >:<<<<

• Wii U version?

• what qwerty bullshit? do you have problems controlling bigby? you can use the arrow keys if you have problems using wasd

I don't believe it, what about fixing the qwerty bullshit and subs in a decent amount of languages before keeping on being money grabbing?

• I play with a pad but I do not appreciate the lazyness of devs that can't be bothered to implement key rebindings so I will not give those my money anymore...

Cyphox posted: »

what qwerty bullshit? do you have problems controlling bigby? you can use the arrow keys if you have problems using wasd

• well what they did for twd is the base one is free and you buy the rest and you should have know they will do this when it was a hit for the walking dead for me the fact its this early

I'm really kicking myself now... The only reason I bought TWAU on PC was because there was no news of it ever coming out for iOS anytime soon

• anyway, best control-scheme for tablets would be point&click if you ask me. not just for tablets, for ALL adventure games on every device but gaming consoles. thats the problem, consoles and their gamepads, they are the reason we have these shi**y wasd-controls

I play with a pad but I do not appreciate the lazyness of devs that can't be bothered to implement key rebindings so I will not give those my money anymore...

• Telltale neglecting the Wii U has been a little suspicious.

I know the Wii U isn't the most popular system right now, but come on, The Walking Dead is coming to the Ouya of all things.

The_Giant posted: »

Wii U version?

• What does this have anything to do with allowing key rebindings?

anyway, best control-scheme for tablets would be point&click if you ask me. not just for tablets, for ALL adventure games on every device

• AMAZING! So now when I go to Florida I can play some TWAU :D

The_Giant posted: »

Wii U version?

• if its point&click we wont need key rebindings, duh.

What does this have anything to do with allowing key rebindings?

• Except it is NOT p 'n c. To point and click you need a mouse, and TT games don't use mouse.

I'd rather have that than the clumsy controls they are using.

if its point&click we wont need key rebindings, duh.

• Actually, they DO allow you to use the mouse. Just start using it when you launch TWAU and the rest of the game should adapt to a mouse controlled setup.

Except it is NOT p 'n c. To point and click you need a mouse, and TT games don't use mouse. I'd rather have that than the clumsy controls they are using.

• edited October 2013

but you cant control your character via mouse (walk around by clicking on the spot you want to go), thats the biggest flaw compared to classic point&click, you have to use keys when not using a gamepad.

i wonder how telltale adapts this to the ipad, but i bet they just use onscreen-buttons....

Actually, they DO allow you to use the mouse. Just start using it when you launch TWAU and the rest of the game should adapt to a mouse controlled setup.

• I agree. I own a Wii U myself and it's an extremely underrated console. Telltale are making a mistake by not putting it on there.

Telltale neglecting the Wii U has been a little suspicious. I know the Wii U isn't the most popular system right now, but come on, The Walking Dead is coming to the Ouya of all things.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.