Suggestion to Telltale - Buy the rights to Grim Fandango!!

edited May 2008 in General Chat
Please buy the rights to Grim Fandango and make a season of it!

I know I'm not alone here thinking it would be really cool!

Comments

• edited May 2008
    I support this idea 100%
  • edited May 2008
    You guys think it's that simple huh?
  • edited May 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »

yeah lucas arts dont sell licences......
  • edited May 2008
    You mean you can't just walk into Licenzoo®: For all your licensing needs and buy the rights to Grim Fandango?
  • edited May 2008
    Damn it's too bad Haggis already trademarked Licenzoo because THAT would be a license worth developing for!
  • edited May 2008
    In all honesty, I'd like to see something that hasn't been done before. Either an existing franchise but in game format (like Stongbad) or something entirely original.

That's not to say I don't like Grim Fandango, though. In fact I love it.
  • edited May 2008
    I've got it! Metal Gear Solid: The Videogame! I've always said that someone should adapt those movies.
  • edited May 2008
    Grim Fandango would be a horrible game to make into either a sequel or an episodic series. It ended so well and didn't really leave the main character open to another game.
  • edited May 2008
    you could have a spin off set in that world with a new character though.. anyway a monkey island episodic series would sell bazzilions but lucasarts are never gonnaa give up a property they have no intention of using so its all kind of hopeless
  • edited May 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »

No, I just don't care. You really like trying to crush people's dreams don't you Chris ;_;

Anyway no matter how unfeasible it may be, seeing another Grim Fandango, be it a spin-off, sequel, or remake would be awesome.
  • edited May 2008
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    Damn it's too bad Haggis already trademarked Licenzoo because THAT would be a license worth developing for!
    I'd be willing to part with it for the measly sum of one million dollars.
  • edited May 2008
    No no no... You're supposed to put your left pinky up to your mouth when you say that. And pronounce it "1 Meellion Dollars" :D
  • edited May 2008
    im with scott sadly.. as much as I do love the game (actually its like #2 all time in my book)
    I wouldnt love to see a sequel. Unleeess it was vastly unrelated yet related. Maybe the other side of life ? Chubby Cherub anyone? old nes lovers know what I mean sigh... ok

Seriously Grim was and is a great game. Lets keep it that way.

I know the creator of "The Tick"... Ben Edlund is more than looking for a way to get the tick back in the lime light... tick... lime/lyme... sigh, I had to make the joke sue me. You just cant use the morning cartoon versions of the characters, which leaves the live tv series characters (who I thought were more adult and funny)

Or you have "The GreenSky Trilogy" from Zilpha Keatley Snyder. I know this author and she is currently in MOVIE rights for Below the root.. and since the game was originally on c64 as a flat out platformer with a great storyline, Id shutter to think how hard it would be to get fans soaring above the trees in their flying squirrel type clothing.

Go read the book or dont :P I know these two games would make money though.

Or telltale could redo The Adventures of Fatman.. the batman adventure not the oddball FATMAN game
    This would sell like hotcakes!!!! I knows' it!

Ciao and glad you like grim.. I too love it.

no votes for the cherub ? dag...
  • edited May 2008
    As always, I need to mention that if TT picks up any adventure license, it should be The Neverhood. :p

Or even better, maybe the upcoming Neverhood movie will be a big hit, and TenNapel will do a sequel himself. :D (a TRUE sequel... Skullmonkeys doesn't count)
  • edited May 2008
    well the thing I think that made neverhood so great was the immensity of the project and the awesome real clay sets. Not to mention the puzzles etc but I dont think this project could be repeated in kind measure without costing a lot or taking many resources already taken.. but its got my vote.. i love that game, and its left wide open for more.. though Im not sure if its episodic in nature..
  • edited May 2008
    ^ Aye. But I'm just speculating on things that would sadly never come to fruition. :p

In my wishful world, TT has a budget the size of Bill Gates' annual income, and open access to every adventure franchise known to man. :D
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    If TenNapel ever revisits the Neverhood, it might as well be made in clay with the same small team he had before.
  • edited May 2008
    They don't need to buy any licences.. In fact, they can just change names. And build another game on a new story, new characters, in the land of the dead :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Schmim Schmandango Season One, coming Summer 2010
  • edited May 2008
    Grim Fandango would be a horrible game to make into either a sequel or an episodic series. It ended so well and didn't really leave the main character open to another game.

Totally agree here. There is no reason to continue Grim Fandango (a great game and a great ending) and it just doesn't fit the format of games TaleTell creates.

Besides, if someone had buy the rights for it, Double Fine Productions should be the ones to do so...
  • edited May 2008
    I sad to say this but, I never even played that game. :(
  • edited May 2008
    that's sad indeed...you should change that. you might be able to find a copy somewhere...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.