Toad or Lawrence / Beauty and Beast

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Hi, i just have finished the first Episode of the Wolf among us. I decided after the call of Toad at the Office to head to Prince Lawrence. Luckily he survived because of this decision. On the other Hand the litte Boy of Toad got beaten up by Tweedle Dum i suppose, because we came too late to save Toad and his son. What do you think, was this decision helpful for the further episodes? And would it had been better to tell Beauty that you're not gonna lie to Beast about seeing her and despite tell Beast that you've seen her?

Comments

• Considering it's possible for Lawrence to die, I don't think it really matters... outside of a little more of a story to be told. That, or some information. If TWD taught us anything, it's that choices don't really matter in the end. It might alter the story a little, but it always comes to a solid ending. Reading some of the interviews with the comic book creator, in regards to TTG's TWAU, it was stated that this tie-in was going to be pretty specific. I have a feeling it'll end the same way, no matter what you choose. The choices are merely for cosmetic purposing.

If Lawrence kicks the bucket (For those who saved him), in the next episode, this will only be confirmed. ;P

• I, personaly, don't like multiple endings. And I don't think that's not what the choices should have been made for. The choices are given for us to see consequences, to "tailor" –as Telltale call it– the story around our actions, to rethink ("Oh my gosh, what have I done?" or "yeah, that is exactly what I'm/he should doing!"), to be "involved", but it doesn't mean that the whole plot and its ending is going to be altered. It's like in Mass Effect 3 where almost everyone was complaining about not only the ending per se which is legit in my opinion but also that all those dicisions back in Mass Effect 1 & 2 didn't effect the end at all. But we all had to deal already with the consequences of our actions. Consequences were there all the way through the trilogy. I think there should be "line" the consequences are carried to at the most. And this shouldn't be the ending of a story, because there is just one story and adding more than that (which will be by adding very different endings) compromises the others entirely.

From a design-point-of-view it is better to tell a complete, well fitted story with an "absolute" ending. (see TWD, no matter what choices you made, the last scene with Clementine and the consequences for her will be the same)

• Oh, I'm certainly not saying this is a bad thing. Far from it, actually. TTG has a knack for telling good, linear stories, and I have nothing against that. As a matter of fact, I'm a huge TTG TWD fan, myself (Except I didn't cry at the end, so I have no soul, apparently). The only thing that I had against the whole "Tailor made experience" was the misunderstanding it held when it was revealed. For the most part, you're correct on your points, and I'd like to see an "absolute" ending as well. I was merely trying to explain my mindset. :) Though, I do have to admit, in some settings, multiple endings are the icing on the cake. Depending on the game and story you're placed through. Seeing as it's been stated that this game is going to be specific, one would be silly to assume that the ending could be altered outside of what's already planned for it. :P

I, personaly, don't like multiple endings. And I don't think that's not what the choices should have been made for. The choices are given for

• Decisions in these games usually tailor what kind of person your character is, more than they actually change the plot itself (although they do that as well, but as mentioned above, the end game is usually pretty much the same).

• If nothing else, I don't want them to cop out and kill Lawrence next episode or make him possible to substitute if he were dead . At least have a scene where we get to talk with him and learn things from him, details we wouldn't have learned if he was dead. That's all I ask.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.