Most hilarious moment...

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Wolf is looking for The Woodsman at Trip Trap Bar to accuse him of murder. I managed to choose the correct path to make him incriminate himself in a funny way.

Conversation between Bigby and Woody

Alt text

Wolf: It's funny... just a minute ago no one seemed to know who you were.

Woody: Yeah... well... Everyone knows you. Big Bad Wolf. Now I'm the bad guy and you're Sheriff. What kinda fuckin' world is that huh?

Wolf: Come on, Woody. Why'd you do it? No bullshit.

Woody: Same reason people do a lot of awful things... For money.
I'd walked past her place for weeks... She didn't look like it, but she had money. I was sure of it. And she wouldn't put up any kinda fight... I was gonna rob her.
And the night I finally get the nerve to do it... there you are... Fuckin' thing up for me. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Wolf: Just shut up! I'm taking ya in.

Woody: For what? We've had punch ups before, Bigby. It never had to get official.
Just blowin' off some steam is all.

Wolf: Cause I'm arresting you for the murder of Faith.

Woody: What? Faith? Who's that?

Alt text

Wolf: The girl you were beatin' on this morning.

Woody: No. No. No. No. I was here. I swear.

Wolf: It doesn't look good when a girl you were just smakin' around shows up dead hours later.

Woody: Please! Bigby, I was just talking about robbing Red Riding Hood's Grandmother... I didn't kill anyone!...
... She's dead? Bigby listen... I'm a piece of shit, okay... I know that. I hit that girl. I did. I shouldn't've but... I didn't kill her. You believe me, right?

Alt text

Comments

• You "managed"? Yeah because that was hard to do.

• That's the power of Telltale, they make you think you chose the right paths to get to the clever things, but 99% of those paths would have happened regardless.

• edited October 2013

It all depends of how you want your character to be. The outcomes are similar because it need to stick with the story but the profile you built for your character is certain a matter of choice. That's what I tried to show here. For example, when Holy ask you What do you want Sheriff? If your answer is "Official Fabletown Business" you will receive a pop up message that says "she will remember that" because her sister is missing and Fabletown Business is doing nothing to help her. That's why you pissed her more. If you say that you are in the neighborhood and just came to say hello, the pop up message you receive is "you avoided a direct answer" I'm not sure how much this is going to affect the story in the upcoming episodes but if you are paying attention to the story so far, and the things you say, you will see that it indeed affect part of the story like when you say to Lawrence he's wife is dead, he's gonna shot himself in the head. If you lie he's gonna stay alive in the next episode. Think about that.

Epusydus posted: »

That's the power of Telltale, they make you think you chose the right paths to get to the clever things, but 99% of those paths would have happened regardless.

• edited October 2013

Yes you're right. But there's nothing you can do to avoid having the same line of conversation you showed us with Woodsman. A couple of lines, that's all.

Dan77 posted: »

It all depends of how you want your character to be. The outcomes are similar because it need to stick with the story but the profile you buil

• edited October 2013

Like you said, you can add a couple of lines making it more funny. Or say nothing too. And yes you can ruin the fun factor in a lot of scenes. Like in the very first dialog with Toad. I came to help him but I'm playing as Big Bad Wolf, a frog would not tell me what to do when he wants. When he ask me to head upstairs quickly, I opted to say nothing and I was paying more attention to my cigarette. The next time Toad said he has to go "The Woodsman" and then I head upstairs. Taking my time, make him know I'm the Bad guy not the Woodsman. But hey, this thread is about hilarious moments. Maybe the word "managed" pissed some of you but that wasn't the intention. It is not about me, or how smart I'm playing the game. There is nothing smart in that just the way I want Bigby to be. No need to hate, just play the game a couple more times and you will realize what I'm taking about. This is like the 6th time I play this first episode. And I'm doing that way to create my preferred approach for the next one. There is nothing wrong if your want your Bigby to be ingenious, or silly if you want...

Yes you're right. But there's nothing you can do to avoid having the same line of conversation you showed us with Woodsman. A couple of lines, that's all.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.