Detailed investigation notes SPOILERS

I am playing through episode one again, and paying close attention and taking notes. This thread is where i'm going to compile all the notes I take during the investigation. If I miss anything of interest, please add it to the list. I will continue to add more as I go through the game, and everyone please do what you'd like with these notes. I'm personally not going to make any theories in this thread, but feel free to do so as it may add more things for me to investigate even more closely. I will record some of the questions I've had that may or may not take the investigation in different directions, and some of these observations may or may not be important to the investigation.

-The ring Faith is wearing appears on her left hand immediately after she searches the Woodsman (she also shrugs her shoulders and says "like 100" as if she is lieing when bigby asks what the woodsman owes her.)

-Bigby states that faith looks familiar as if they had met before.

-Could Faith maybe be Red Riding hood in disguise? ( she and Bigby had met before at some point, and would explain why the Woodsman was mad for her not knowing him.)

-Could Faith have possibly faked her own death and committed the murder of Snow?

-Beauty says "can't be too careful nowadays." could she have known what was going to happen before everyone else?

-Bigby lives in room 204, and everyone knows it. When he gets home, it is 3a.m. we know this from looking at the clock on the wall by the front door.

-Colin states that he would kill Bigby if he could. Is he serious?

-There is a pack of the same brand cigarettes that Bigby smokes on the very top in the trash outside the apartment building when investigating the scene where Faith's head was placed.

-The taxi that one of the ginger men drive passes by in the backround during the investigation scene, and the other ginger is inside at the same time.

-Blue Beard is out of the country during the first murder, as stated by Icabod Crane. (Unless he is the person standing in line before entering the office, but in glamor so we can't tell that its him.)

-Whatever you say to the blue haired man that is waiting in line to see Icabod, he remembers, meaning he is part of the story in some way.

-Faith or another hooker (massuse) has "serviced" Icabod in the past at some point, possibly recently. We know this because he is worried about the fact that she is a hooker and that she turned up dead. Why else would he care about the fact that it was a hooker that was murdered?

-When Snow is on the phone in the office, she lies to whoever is on the other end of the line about looking through the records, she says she is looking through them but obviously isn't.

-In the book with the pictures of the fables, the rings that Faiths family are wearing are all of gold/yellow color. They aren't purple like the one we see her wearing.

-In the other book about fables, the one with the symbols and explainations, we can notice that Cinderella's entry is blacked out, with a stamp on the page saying "classified."

I've taken these notes from the beginning up to the point where we are forced to choose where to go investigate. (Toad's house or Lawrence's place.) I am going to go through the game several times to add more notes, and refine the ones that I have written down here. There will be much more tomarrow morning, when I finish going through episode 1.

Comments

• I wouldn't say that icabod is worried because it's a prostitute, it's more, "Oh great! That makes the list of suspects even bigger!" (pimp, customer, etc.)

• -Could Faith maybe be Red Riding hood in disguise? ( she and Bigby had met before at some point, and would explain why the Woodsman was mad for her not knowing him.)

I'm gonna say that that's unlikely.

-Colin states that he would kill Bigby if he could.

That was meant to be a joke. They have a kind of "frienemies" thing going on.

-Blue Beard is out of the country during the first murder, as stated by Icabod Crane. (Unless he is the person standing in line before entering the office.)

There's a picture of Blue Beard in the Book of Fables. He has a shaved head and a goatee.

-Whatever you say to the blue haired man that is waiting in line to see Icabod, he remembers, meaning he is part of the story in some way.

He shows up at the end of the episode.

-When Snow is on the phone in the office, she lies to whoever is on the other end of the line about looking through the records, she says she is looking through them but obviously isn't.

She's making the appointment with the "masseuse."

-In the book with the pictures of the fables, the rings that Faiths family are wearing are all of gold/yellow color. They aren't purple like the one we see her wearing.

I think it's actually meant to be silver, but the lighting of New York at night is a little bit bonkers in The Wolf Among Us.

• It might be tha gingered guy. he appers on episode 1 quite a lot. U can first see him right at tha beginning be for bigby entry toad's apartment it's on tha right hand of tha screen. N he appers more on with snow N bigby N so on... N tha last person to see her alive is him in tha taxi cab. Tho, we still need more to fully see if it's him or some behind tha scene. But right now that guy is questionable

• Thank you. But I know all of that. I am just making observations and asking rhetorical questions that like I stated in the first comment, may or may not mean something. I'm doing this just to show some things that could have been overlooked, and asking questions to provoke new or different theories.

• -The ring Faith is wearing appears on her left hand immediately after she searches the Woodsman (she also shrugs her shoulders and says "like 100" as if she is lieing when bigby asks what the woodsman owes her.)

I also think the facial expressions and the way they talk is as important as the visuals-tangibles.

-Bigby states that faith looks familiar as if they had met before.

I can interpret this as the way TelltaleGames want to introduce a new character. She is a Fable after all. And Bigby says that as a good excuse to find her in The Book of Fables.

-Could Faith maybe be Red Riding hood in disguise? ( she and Bigby had met before at some point, and would explain why the Woodsman was mad for her not knowing him.)

I don't know what you mean. I think Faith has its own story.

-Could Faith have possibly faked her own death and committed the murder of Snow?

How can someone fake a death with his head decapitated? She is dead, how can she murder Snow?

-Beauty says "can't be too careful nowadays." could she have known what was going to happen before everyone else?

I don't know. But pay attention to the Taxi passing by when talking to Beauty. And then check the Taxi passing by when investigating the crime scene with Snow. It is the same. And when heading to Lawrence's apartment (Before Toad's), same one. However, it is not the same Taxi at Toad's Tenement Building. A third Taxi is used to ride Snow and Bigby to The Trip Trap Bar. I'm not sure if they are three different Taxis or if is the Taxi ad that change. Anyhow, it is a good idea to investigate what that last Taxi ad says: "Three Apples. The New Broadway Hit". A story about a guy who thought his wife cheated on him and killed her. Chopping up her body and hiding it inside a chest and throwing it down a river.

-Bigby lives in room 204, and everyone knows it. When he gets home, it is 3a.m. we know this from looking at the clock on the wall by the front door.

And when he wake up it is still 3 a.m. It can be out of battery. Or as others suggest, Bigby is having a dream "nightmare"

-There is a pack of the same brand cigarettes that Bigby smokes on the very top in the trash outside the apartment building when investigating the scene where Faith's head was placed.

There is also the Chinese Food.

-The taxi that one of the ginger men drive passes by in the backround during the investigation scene, and the other ginger is inside at the same time.

That Taxi remains parked until Faith and Bigby leave. You can see it when fighting The Woodsman at the outside of the building.

-In the other book about fables, the one with the symbols and explainations, we can notice that Cinderella's entry is blacked out, with a stamp on the page saying "classified."

That grabs my attention as well. Pay attention to the page Bufkin is reading BEFORE you ask anything about Faith's ring. The same blacked out page.

• Bigby states that faith looks familiar as if they had met before.

If you don't say anything when she asks if you like her ribbon, she mentions that you bit her once. Bigby bit fables when escaping the homelands.

-Blue Beard is out of the country during the first murder, as stated by Icabod Crane.

I think Crane is lying but I don't know why.

-Faith or another hooker (massuse) has "serviced" Icabod in the past at some point, possibly recently. We know this because he is worried about the fact that she is a hooker and that she turned up dead. Why else would he care about the fact that it was a hooker that was murdered?

Another reason I don't trust Crane.

She's lying to the massuse, probably a hint to not trust Crane.

Classified means secret. Cinderella is a spy after all who works for Bigby.

I would also like to mention that in the book of symbols there is a coat that is Faith's coat and fills in the story of what the donkey did before death. The donkey shit gold. I even read the main tale.

• Faith can't be little red riding hood, I remember Woody saying that Little Red Riding Hood was her grandmother.

• edited November 2013

To add to your evidence, I posted a theory about Ichabod and his "massages" in this thread a few weeks ago:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51592/theory-snow-was-getting-close

There's definitely something fishy going on there.

• I agree that the massages aren't massages. There are hints in the comics. Also if you tell Crane that her Pimp is a lead he hints it out.

Kaihu posted: »

To add to your evidence, I posted a theory about Ichabod and his "massages" in this thread a few weeks ago: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51592/theory-snow-was-getting-close There's definitely something fishy going on there.

• He seems to hesitate when he said 'massage' I found this suspious.

LukaszB posted: »

I agree that the massages aren't massages. There are hints in the comics. Also if you tell Crane that her Pimp is a lead he hints it out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.