bigby demigod?

edited November 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

so I'm knew to the fables universe but i already love it, but i was wondering bigby's father being the northwind and his mother the spirit of winter does that make bigby closer to a demi god, then monster or were wolf?

Comments

• edited November 2013

To be precise... he is considered to be capable of being a "Destroyer of Worlds", IIRC:

• really? I had no idea he was that powerfully, has bigby been tied to any other fables besides the three pigs and little redriding hood. I was wondering if " the boy who cried wolf" has any reason to hold a grudge.

• really? I had no idea he was that powerfully, has bigby been tied to any other fables besides the three pigs and little redriding hood. I was wondering if " the boy who cried wolf" has any reason to hold a grudge.

• He's not really a god, but he does fit the demi-god description. He is incredibly strong and has amazing wind powers, some of which he doesn't even use because he decided not to learn them. He is very powerful, and he's called by his fellow wolfmen the "god of the wolves", think of him as an Herculean figure

• There is many aspects of his demigod statement.
    1) Powerful parents ofc
    2) Marriage with Snow white
    3) 7 healthy kids, his and Snow's
    4) Tons of slayed monsters
    5) Popularity among mundy's
    and more less significant things.

• Bigby is a demigod pretty much it's never said that his father is a god but is god like and his mother was wolf not a spirit and as a cub he abandoned His fathers abilities all except his Huff-n-puff it seems like he used some shape shifting powers to grow bigger but that's up for debate Snow White cut him with a lycanthrope stained blade which I think was reverse psychology because he can shape shift into any form of a wolf he wants, the little witch I can not remember her name she even spoke with the other witches and said that he still has his fathers Inheritance but chooses never to use them and he never honed them either. So yes he is a demigod pretty much but no he is not a monster but likes for people to remember he can be one and since he can change into any form of a wolf yes u could say that he is part werewolf.

• I thought Bigby's mother was just a plain old wolf. A beautiful female wolf but not anything unusual.

• Yes she was a normal grey wolf who got the attention of mr north

KCohere posted: »

I thought Bigby's mother was just a plain old wolf. A beautiful female wolf but not anything unusual.

• His daughter will become the equivalent of a god so in a sense, I think he is a demigod.

• I feel like its ok to call him a demifablegod because in mythology a demigods children are less powerful and so on but not in bigbys place and not his children's as holisk said about winter becoming the north wind.

• It's pretty rude to post so many comic spoilers without any kind of spoiler tag, especially when they're barely related to the topic.
    A lot of members here haven't read the comics and might want to one day.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.