Beyond Good & Evil 2!!!!

edited June 2008 in General Chat
Has Been Announced - any thoughts on this?!

http://kotaku.com/tag/beyond-good-%26-evil-2/

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Wow! I was just looking at it, actually. It looks pretty..... but that's all I can really say. I never got around to finishing the first but from what I played it was good. Actually, that trailer makes me want to play it again but I can't seem to find my copy of the Xbox version. Oh well, time for some spring.. err... Summer Cleaning! :)
  • edited May 2008
    Man, I can't wait for it. I hope it doesn't feel too different from how 1 was. Pey'j is pretty awesome.
  • edited May 2008
    NeedlesD wrote: »
    Man, I can't wait for it. I hope it doesn't feel too different from how 1 was. Pey'j is pretty awesome.

Yeah! I never knew I could think something was so filthy yet so beautiful at the same time. He probably looks just as good in-game as well. As long as they stick to what they did for Assassin's Creed.... mmmmm... that game was pretty but incredibly repetitive. :D
  • edited May 2008
    Excellent news.
  • edited May 2008
    Awesome, but I didn't finnish the first one because of the slaughterhouse glitch.
  • edited May 2008
    what was the slaughterhouse glitch. i never encountered it :P
  • edited May 2008
    V_Ben wrote: »
    what was the slaughterhouse glitch. i never encountered it :P

There was two glitch in the slaughterhouse level, one is double H disappered after you get the hover craft through the timing gate thing.

The second glitch is the key in one of the room won't fall to the ground, which means you can't proceed any further, I encountered this one, twice.

Apperently replay the game from the beginning will fix it, I tried that twice but no dice :(.

Still, can't wait for the second one though.
  • edited May 2008
    I've never played the original (I want to though), but I know enough about it to know that this is awesome news. :D
  • edited May 2008
    I really, really hope this is good. Beyond Good & Evil told its story so well that it really, really deserves to be able to tell a better story- maybe one that actually goes beyond good and evil this time, you know?
  • edited May 2008
    peyjdg5.jpg
    While I love the game being announced and the trailer...... is the art style for the trailer going to be the same as in-game?

Because I kind of liked the first game's art style.
  • edited May 2008
    After watching the trailer, I have to agree with NeedlesD. I like stylized Pey'j better.
    For some reason, realistic looking man-pigs are kind of off-putting.
  • edited May 2008
    You don't like the ultra realistic gritty pig look.
  • edited May 2008
    Gritty pig is Gritty and kind of ugly....well uglier in a way.

Did Pey'j have the same voice though?
  • edited May 2008
    Hey, the game is, like, five years old. Good LUCK getting the same voice actors.
  • edited May 2008
    Point made. Well kind of.... I'm still happy the games been announced though. So I'll take what I can get. I'm glad to see other people in this forum have played it too.
  • edited May 2008
    *sigh* i guess, i have to get one of those current generation console thingies sooner or later...
  • edited May 2008
    Don't be like that, Scott. You've got a great personality.
  • edited May 2008
    im gonna replay the original soon just to refresh the plot

but awesome
  • edited May 2008
    Time for me to finally finish the original it seems. This announcement makes me happy :)
  • edited May 2008
    NeedlesD wrote: »
    peyjdg5.jpg
    While I love the game being announced and the trailer...... is the art style for the trailer going to be the same as in-game?

Because I kind of liked the first game's art style.

I read somewhere (Maybe IGN) that the trailer was using the real in-game engine.
  • edited May 2008
    I-oh-so want to finish the first one now, but it doesn't work on Vista! I may need to fecth a used copy for the Xbox.
  • edited May 2008
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    I read somewhere (Maybe IGN) that the trailer was using the real in-game engine.

I've never played these games but plan to, and I have to say the new graphics look...terrifying.
  • edited June 2008
    This is great news! I enjoyed the first installment immensely (although I didn't completely get story, which gets pretty weird once you get
    to the moon
    ).

What worries me though, is that they say the original was too hard and they want to make the sequal easier. I found the original to be pretty easy; sure, occassionally you have to look around a little and sometimes you get killed and have to retry, but isn't that the point of a platform game? I'm afraid they'll dumb it down to the point where you just walk through the game without the need to do any puzzling, adventuring or fighting. Where's the fun in that? The last thing I want is another Dreamfall-style non-game.
  • edited June 2008
    you get to
    the moon
    ? i totally can't remember the end...i should replay it.
    anyway, it can't be to hard...since even i was able to finish it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.