I Think I'm Gonna Cry.

edited June 2008 in General Chat
The other day I finally got Sam and Max Hit the Road for my birthday, after years of waiting and got to play it a bit but I saved it for later. Came round to playing it today but it was a bit stuck in my dvd case, when I finally got it out it had snapped :eek:, I wasn't even rough with it, I was actually careful. Seriously I want to cry as I've been waiting for this for so long!! :(:(

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Good lord man tone down on the weight lifting. Sorry about the disk though.
  • edited May 2008
    lmfao, if you saw me, you'd realise how ironic that sounds. If tha'ts the right word.

Anyway just re-ordered it *grunts*. Hasn't really been my day.
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    Aw, that's a bummer. :(
  • edited May 2008
    Ouch. Yeah, some of those disc holders can be brutal.
  • edited May 2008
    That reminds me of when I dropped my 1 week old PS2 down the stairs, clumsy me.(Now I have a fear of taking electronic items up stairs)
  • edited May 2008
    With PS2's you never know. My friends mom hucked his at a wall and it stuck. He pulled it out and it works fine.
  • edited May 2008
    ^ Man... there's gotta be a great story behind that.
  • edited May 2008
    When I was in junior high, someone stole my first copy of Pokemon: Red Version right out from my Gameboy Color. I was so enraged and sad, that I couldn't participate in my classes. The worst part was that no one could help me find it. That game was given to me as an Easter present from my mother. Curse that thief!! I would have given him hell if I would've found him!
  • edited May 2008
    That reminds me when I was at school a few years ago, I had my Pokemon card collection stolen! I was enraged!
  • edited May 2008
    no sane thief with a bit of self respect should steal pokemon stuff...

...anyway, if a cd breaks while you're taking it out of the case, then there is something wrong. cases break all the time, but cds. normally it's really hard to break those things if you try.
    i assume it wasn't the original cd that came out in '93...that would have been a real shame.
  • edited May 2008
    Maybe the CD had a small crack or chip in the center.
  • edited May 2008
    That is where digital distro shines... I haven't had a download snap as of yet...

Does Telltale ever do anything where he could send in the disc and for a nominal fee get a replacement?
  • edited May 2008
    Don't think so but this was Lucas arts anyway! Still gutted I had to rebuy my Birthday present! AND I'm gonna have to wait for it again, I hate ordering off the net.
  • edited May 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    When I was in junior high, someone stole my first copy of Pokemon: Red Version right out from my Gameboy Color. I was so enraged and sad, that I couldn't participate in my classes. The worst part was that no one could help me find it. That game was given to me as an Easter present from my mother. Curse that thief!! I would have given him hell if I would've found him!
    Really? That's funny, when I was in junior high, I stole some kid's Pokemon: Red Version from right under their Gameboy Color.

(Kidding. I wasn't in junior high during the Red/Blue era.)
  • edited June 2008
    judging from the name of the link, a) that misses the point a bit, since collectibles aren't downloadable and b) probably shouldn't be here.
  • edited June 2008
    gvemuri wrote: »
    You can try to find it here

http://www.torrentmatrix.com

You can find more Music, Movies, Games collections here

Everything but a conscience right? Spam bot.
  • edited June 2008
    Where's Jiminy Cricket when you need him?
  • edited June 2008
    Aw that sucks. I haven't played hit the road but from what I have watched I don't like it.
  • edited June 2008
    ^ Exclamation point! Why not?
  • edited June 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »

Yeah!Why?
  • edited June 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »
    Aw that sucks. I haven't played hit the road but from what I have watched I don't like it.

Because it's not in 3D?! Hit the Road is a must for any Sam & Max fan.
  • edited June 2008

x5!

I can't work out which game is better, they both have their perks! Actually I prob prefer how HtR is done!
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Because it's not in 3D?! Hit the Road is a must for any Sam & Max fan.

I dunno, I wasn't too keen on it tbh. The humour and everything was fine, it was just the mostly illogical puzzles that put me off.
    Much much preferring Telltale's Sam and Max games.
  • edited June 2008
    Everything about Sam and Max is illogical. That's why we love them.
  • YitYit
    edited June 2008
    Keep in mind: You legitimately bought it. You can torrent a copy, and call it a "backup." That's fair use.
  • edited June 2008

If you saw my comments on the other thread, I despise the icon system in point n click games. It's just a preference. I'd much prefer going through dialouge options than these little icons.

Now, I don't think that icon system makes it for kids at all. I was making an assumption. And that using the icons was a step backwards in my opinion, making me think that it was being "dumbed down" for today's kids(most of homestar runner's crowd I assume) that hate to read.
  • edited June 2008
    See, to me it's an improvement. I feel like the lines your character is about to say being listed out kind of ruins the humor. I far prefer picking a symbolic representation of a line and then getting the surprise of hearing what funny thing the character comes out with. But to each his own, I guess.
  • edited June 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    See, to me it's an improvement. I feel like the lines your character is about to say being listed out kind of ruins the humor. I far prefer picking a symbolic representation of a line and then getting the surprise of hearing what funny thing the character comes out with. But to each his own, I guess.

That makes sense but the symbol it self represents 1 line of dialouge for 1 subject correct? Where in the text system you can do several lines of dialouge for the same subject. Making it linear and less replay value. After all a icon can't represent as much as a sentence can. And this goes back to my pure hatred of all things linear :D
  • edited June 2008
    I really don't understand why an icon representation of a topic makes a dialogue any more linear than a textual representation, but whatever makes you happy.
  • edited June 2008
    If you ever implement this into Season 3, I hope the rubber duck makes a comeback. duck.jpg
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    A picture is worth less than a sentence? You must write really long sentences.
  • edited June 2008
    Will wrote: »
    A picture is worth less than a sentence? You must write really long sentences.

Oh I get it! Clever.
  • edited June 2008
    I loved those icons, they were funny. I liked that you were never sure what crazy crap Sam was gonna come out with you know? a fair few recent games have used a similar system, having only a vuage description of the topic rather than exact wording.
  • edited June 2008
    Sometimes Telltale did great things even with some textual description.

Think of all the Bosco's "Do you have any..." lines

Or when Sam is going to ask Max "Do you remember your first kiss?"
    and Sam actually says something like "You know, I forgot what I wanted to ask."
    (pity I can't remember the exact quote... but it was very funny in context)
  • edited June 2008
    Max: Were you going to ask me something, Sam?
    Sam: I was, but decided I'd rather not hear about it.

A similar thing in Bosco's personal hell when you click on "Does the carpet match the drapes?"
  • edited June 2008
    Molokov wrote: »

Think of all the Bosco's "Do you have any..." lines

That had me entertained for hours. That, and the smacking of Max out of the way.
  • edited June 2008
    : ( I had this happen to the System Shock 1 CD-rom.
  • edited June 2008
    Deverstating isn't it?
  • edited June 2008
    I have a similar problem with discs. Expansion discs always seem to snap on me, and I always lose CD-Keys, rendering some discs unusable (curse you, SecuROM.)
  • edited June 2008
    I get what Hit the Road was trying to go for with the icons, not wanting to give away the joke before it was spoken, but it just didn't totally work for me. I like the way Telltale does it with Bone and Sam & Max - represented by text, but more often than not the dialogue you see in the option list is not completely or exactly what's going to be said.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.