voice actors in games

edited May 2008 in General Chat
the main voice actor in GTA IV has complained about his pay and lack of royalties due to exceptional sales, I just wondered what your in put into this was

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167910

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Well... my opinion is that he went into the project knowing that he wasn't going to get residuals, and that GTA4 was going to be a high grossing game. Also, he got the equivalent of $66,000 a year for a year and a half. I kind of have a hard time feeling sorry for him :(
  • edited May 2008
    Should probably get a better agent.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    I'd do it for residuals alone.
  • edited May 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Well... my opinion is that he went into the project knowing that he wasn't going to get residuals, and that GTA4 was going to be a high grossing game. Also, he got the equivalent of $66,000 a year for a year and a half. I kind of have a hard time feeling sorry for him :(

I pretty much agree with Tobacco here. He knew exactly what he was getting into. I mean, unless he lives under a rock or is fresh off the boat, he should know that GTA is a blockbuster mega franchise that sells tons of copies and makes mega bucks. And yet he signs a contract for no residuals, yet gets paid more than most people make in a year.

I feel bad for the guy as Rockstar screwed him out of the residuals which he SHOULD be getting, but he knew exactly what contract he was signing when he agreed to it.
  • edited May 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    I pretty much agree with Tobacco here. He knew exactly what he was getting into. I mean, unless he lives under a rock or is fresh off the boat, he should know that GTA is a blockbuster mega franchise that sells tons of copies and makes mega bucks. And yet he signs a contract for no residuals, yet gets paid more than most people make in a year.

I feel bad for the guy as Rockstar screwed him out of the residuals which he SHOULD be getting, but he knew exactly what contract he was signing when he agreed to it.

i agree with Doug too.
    he was also too stupid to get a lawyer to look over it, and take their advice
  • edited May 2008
    This is why you READ everything you're going to sign...
  • EmiEmi
    edited May 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    Also, he got the equivalent of $66,000 a year for a year and a half.

He is getting that much money and he's complaining? I wish I had a job that paid that. I could have my student loans paid off in no time.
  • edited May 2008
    From what I heard in a radio interview, he said when he signed up it was for a game called "Frozen" not GTA4. They said he didn't find out until later on in his job.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.