Lawrence's Apartment Unknown

Random curiosity. I feel like, even if you went there first or second, we didn't get the complete story of what went down at Lawrence's apartment. The gun hadn't been fired in at least a week, but I suppose a reasoning is it takes a Fable a week to die from a gunshot?
For all the interest Bigby had in the sharp knife, he didn't examine it thoroughly enough for my liking and if he shot himself, why was the knife bloody?
Why does Bigby regularly mention that the blood is sticky? Is that just a technical thing that tells how old a crime scene may be?
And lastly, Lawrence says something to the effect of "I shot myself to end Faith's burden, or at least that's what I think happened." That statement with the sleeping pills leads me to believe more went down at his apartment and he may've been in attacked, shot with a gun, and led to believe he tried to kill himself.

These may be answered in later installments or I could simply be grasping at straws, but I feel there's more to his story.

Comments

• edited November 2013

Good questions, though you may want to mark this thread with a spoiler. I think Bigby does say the blood is sticky because it's an indicator that it hasn't been there for too long. Bigby will also observe that the blood on Lawrence's wrists is dry. All in all, I think there was so much stuff off at Lawrence's apartment.

• The gun had been fired a week ago. Bigby makes this observation whether you go to Lawrence's first or not, I believe. Yet, if Lawrence dies, Dee claims that he shot himself in front of him.

• The knife. I agree with you. Why does Bigby pay little attention to it when he focused so much on it in the mirror? It's clearly more ornate than anything else in the scene, doesn't look like the sort of thing a struggling couple would buy. So, it was probably very old, maybe even from the Homelands. Possibly enchanted?

• Why is there blood all over the murphy bed? One can perhaps say that Lawrence may have slit his wrists on the bed, then crawled over to the chair to try other suicide methods when that didn't work. However, does that really make sense? Even though they are near immortals, they still feel pain, (obviously). So, why would he slit his wrists on the bed, then take the trouble to put the bed back up, then go over to the chair, take pills, then shoot himself and sit there for a week? I'm not convinced that the blood on the murphy bed was Lawrence's. Especially since it's still sticky and the blood on his wrists is dry.

• (Obvious big question if you go to Lawrence's first) Why was Dee looking through the bookcase? Also, Dee does not seem surprised to see Lawrence sitting there in the chair with blood all over him, presumably dead. Pretty much looked like he was expecting Lawrence to be in such a state.

• (Not so obvious big question if you go to Lawrence's second) Dee says he was there to talk to Lawrence about his wife's death. How does Dee know that she's dead? Doesn't seem like Snow or Bigby, or even Crane (as much of a douche as he is) were in a hurry to let the news get out. How does he know about it so quickly? Perhaps we're supposed to assume that it's through his "employer" but again, how does the employer know so soon?

• edited November 2013

Some people took a guess at who hired Dee and Dum to investigate and some people said Crane. (As he said to Bigby, if you can't do it, i'll find someone who can.)

• edited November 2013

Until now I suspected that the brothers were hired by the pimp but Crane seems to be a good possibility too.Also when you tell the prince that his wife is dead he mentions a certain Georgie.I'm pretty sure that it's the pimp but the real question is why would the prince assume that the pimp killed Faith?
    And one even more important question to me is why did Faith and Lawrence write those notes to each others ? Faith says that she's sorry,Lawrence says the same.But what are they sorry for ?

• edited November 2013

I apologize. I debated if it was spoiler worthy and figured I wasn't revealing any earth shattering plot points. I forgot that part about Dee claiming to see him shoot himself, which adds to the suspicion. And that knife has to have more a story, it does look of fantasy origin. So, I suppose the plot thickens. And I never thought about Crane as a possibility of hiring the Tweedles.

• I think Faith is sorry for turning to prostitution and/or for leaving him. Lawrence is probably sorry for being a burden (she's been back to the apartment several times since she left him, to supervise his wellbeing).

I'm absolutely certain the pimp is Georgie Porgie. Lawrence definitely suspects he's involved in her 'disappearance' but he was cut short of accusing him.

Mary5 posted: »

Until now I suspected that the brothers were hired by the pimp but Crane seems to be a good possibility too.Also when you tell the prince that

• edited November 2013

I've also heard it theorized that it was Bluebeard that hired them, having found out about the beheadings and assumed that he was being framed. Perhaps Bluebeard saw Faith's head on the steps in the middle of the night, assumed that he was being framed, and made sure not to say anything as to not further cast suspicion upon himself. Perhaps he then hired Dee and Dum to find out what was going on and silence it with his wealth before the situation escalated further.

• edited November 2013

I hadn't really thought of Crane as having hired them either. But that brings up a good point. Here are some of the things I thought about.

• The Pimp: He would probably see a girl like Faith (very pretty, technically a princess) as an investment. So, he may get pissed if anyone took away a good source of his income by wasting her. And he'd want answers so that he could make someone pay. He may have turned to the Tweedle brothers.

• Crane: "If you can't do it, I'll find someone who can." Or something along those lines. Maybe he does have his hands in it. Crane doesn't care much for Bigby, so maybe he'd turn to someone else so he doesn't have to deal with him.

• Bluebeard: Terrible track record with women. Throws his money around a lot. Like ABEomination said, maybe he'd worry about people pointing the finger at him and he'd want to resolve things quickly. He's shady enough to work with other shady characters like the Tweedles rather than go through proper avenues to get something done.

• Someone else? This is just the first episode. I'm sure that several more characters will be introduced. The Tweedles could be working for someone we haven't met yet.

• ( you should mark this as a spoiler) Guys what about that red headed guy he is ALWAYS there near bigby when you go to the trip trap bar he is the driver and when you first see faith's head snow and bigby look at the street and the red headed guy is there its like he is spying and eavesdropping at bigby and snow and when snow nocks on your door he was there and when you were chasing that bitch Dum or Dee i think when the chair falls that red haired guy was a dead body there the question is how did he come back from life? anyway that red headed guy is always there you can play the game over and over and over again and realise him

• I'm sure Georgie is the pimp just because he has a tattoo of a a slice of pie on his neck and his rhyme deals girls...
    "Georgie Porgie, Puddin' and Pie,
    Kissed the girls and made them cry,
    When the boys came out to play
    Georgie Porgie ran away."

Mary5 posted: »

Until now I suspected that the brothers were hired by the pimp but Crane seems to be a good possibility too.Also when you tell the prince that

• Interestingly i'm sure certain dialogue options will result in either dee/dum saying we're on the same side. This could be a potential hint at the fact they may work for Crane?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.