The Tarot Cards

I would like to hear some people's opinions/theories on the last tarot card, one of three found on Ichabod's desk.

Comments

• It's the one with the man with the Swords in his back, right? I just thought there was going to be a betrayal down the road. Not sure who or whom, but someone was going to betray me(Bigby). Hell it might even be the Magic Mirror since he told you to not follow it and listen to him instead.

• That's what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure that the card was 'The Ten of Swords' which, if I'm not mistaken, indicates reaching rock bottom. A fall from grace. Things cannot possibly get any worse. And if The Tower is in the reading, which it was, it means that you can blame your downfall on someone else. And if Strength is in the reading, your valiant fight was a losing battle, but you will get up to do battle again. I'm curious as to how this could relate to the storyline.

• edited November 2013

There was a pretty good discussion going on this a while ago, I think it's slipped down a few pages so it's hard to find. But here's the link. You should check it out.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51139/any-thoughts-on-the-3-tarot-card

Basic traditional gist of each card is

• Strength: Inner strength, determination, power, a strong spirit
    • Tower: Sudden, catastrophic events, change through destruction
    • 10 of Swords: Ruin, despair, backstabbing, betrayal

Also, the thought that the cards as they are laid out may represent past, present, and future was talked about in the above thread. I think that we've seen at least Strength and the Tower play out in episode 1.

Strength could possibly be Bigby's background and relationship with Snow (especially since it's a black wolf on the card and not the traditional lion. Bigby is a wolf with black/dark fur when he changes completely, and then there's the fact that the girl looks like Snow). The Tower, I figured, was the murder that kicks off the investigation. To me the characters on the card look a lot like Lawrence and Faith. The 10 of Swords may be a foreshadowing of things to come in the next episode or two, or it could have just had to do with the end of episode 1.

• In that case..

Strength: Maybe faith? With what she has do to or bigby with this case
    Tower: again faiths downfall ? Or the choices you make
    10 of Swords: this one I think involves all of the characters as well as bigbys case? Backstabbing maybe Bluebeard? Or crane?

I've played the fame though 3 times and really trying every angle but "tower" meaning I think will be a continuing factor it seems

• Strength is Snow & Bigby. Tower notice Bigby smirks so it's probably him & Snow again. 10 of swords, Snow fakes her death and betrays Bigby's trust.

In that case.. Strength: Maybe faith? With what she has do to or bigby with this case Tower: again faiths downfall ? Or the choices you ma

Sign in to comment in this discussion.