Awesome new games in June

edited June 2008 in General Chat
I recently bought a copy of GameInformer magazine and found some cool new games coming in June. Which one of these is everyone more interested in playing?

1) Metal Gear Solid 4
2) Ninja Gaiden II
3) Alone in the Dark
4) Soul Calibur IV

I'm looking forward to playing Ninja Gaiden II.

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Soul Calibur IV. Heard you can play as Yoda.I LUV STAR WARS FILMS!Except the damn christmas special...
  • edited May 2008
    Weird, something made me think Alone in the dark was coming out next year.

I suppose Alone in the dark as it's the only PC game on this list, but I'm about tired of horror games.

MGS4 is cool, but I'm not dedicated to getting a PS3.
  • edited May 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »
    Weird, something made me think Alone in the dark was coming out next year.

I suppose Alone in the dark as it's the only PC game on this list, but I'm about tired of horror games.

MGS4 is cool, but I'm not dedicated to getting a PS3.

599$,599$,GIANT ENEMY CRAB!Sony's duck,duck,goose
  • edited May 2008
    All of them. But I don't have a PS3, so just 2, 3, and 4.
  • edited May 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    I recently bought a copy of GameInformer magazine and found some cool new games coming in June. Which one of these is everyone more interested in playing?

1) Metal Gear Solid 4
    2) Ninja Gaiden II
    3) Alone in the Dark
    4) Soul Calibur IV

I'm looking forward to playing Ninja Gaiden II.

you forgot lego indy

and soul calibur 4 is out at the end of july
  • edited June 2008
    Soul Calibor comes out in July? Darn editors must've got the date wrong. And I meant to put Lego Indiana Jones in the list, but I didn't think anyone would'nt find it hardcore enough:o.
  • edited June 2008
    ^ Remember what forum we're on. :p TellTale is basically a casual developer, after all.
  • edited June 2008
    Here's the June games I'm looking forward to:

Buzz: Quiz TV
    Top Spin 3
    Beijing Olympics (this is a question mark, it might be good, it might not)

I don't really play a lot of single player games. :)
  • edited June 2008
    Alone in the dark! I only hope it lives up to the hype!

I'm rather excited about lego indy too.. more than I grown woman really should be hahaha.
  • edited June 2008
    Alone in the dark! I only hope it lives up to the hype!

I'm rather excited about lego indy too.. more than I grown woman really should be hahaha.

yeah this looks pretty cool too

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/Horror/~r333477/Alone-in-the-Dark-GAME-Exclusive-Limited-Edition/
  • edited June 2008
    "The Fisher" almost sounds intimidating. The man wielding big scissors, who was in the very first AITD (or was it the first Clock Tower game), was not so average when his background music is playing.
  • edited June 2008
    1 and 2 if I had a PS3/360. BTW MGS4 Ships on my birthday! :D (June 11th)

Isn't Alone in the Darkj available for Wii? Maybe that. Dunno.
  • edited June 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    "The Fisher" almost sounds intimidating. The man wielding big scissors, who was in the very first AITD (or was it the first Clock Tower game), was not so average when his background music is playing.

Clock Tower. And yeah, he was great. :D
  • edited June 2008
    race driver GRID is very good too
  • edited June 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Clock Tower. And yeah, he was great. :D

I always laughed at the midget with big safety scissors.
  • edited June 2008
    just played the ninja gaiden 2 demo

seems very good (not safe for kids though)
  • edited June 2008
    patters wrote: »
    race driver GRID is very good too

I played the demo for that, but I wasn't very impressed. The car handling was a bit strange.

Games I'm looking forward to this month are Mass Effect (for the PC), Lego Indy.
  • edited June 2008
    I played the demo for that, but I wasn't very impressed. The car handling was a bit strange.

the bmw isnt very good but most others are damn good especially the dbr9
  • edited June 2008
    It annoys and sadens me that the super awesome special edition of alone in the dark is only available on Xbox.. BAH.. I spit on you xbox. I want the wii version damnit, and I want all the special stuffs tooooO!

Ooo I stand corrected, Game added up the other consoles too.. *glee*
    Seems the Xbox version was just annouced earlier than the others (by several months I might add)
  • edited June 2008
    Spore Creature Creator is coming out in June as well(a 'demo' for Spore)
    http://kotaku.com/384007/spore-creature-creator-date-and-price-detailed
    Can't wait for the real game to come out.
  • edited June 2008
    It annoys and sadens me that the super awesome special edition of alone in the dark is only available on Xbox.. BAH.. I spit on you xbox. I want the wii version damnit, and I want all the special stuffs tooooO!

Ooo I stand corrected, Game added up the other consoles too.. *glee*
    Seems the Xbox version was just annouced earlier than the others (by several months I might add)

haha you happy now?

i really want it but im gonna wait for the demo first to try it out first
  • edited June 2008
    Maybe Alone in the Dark, and my roommate will be buying the MGS4 PS3 bundle, so I will have to mess around with that as well.
  • edited June 2008
    alone in the dark is pretty good in my opinion, controls and camera take some getting used to however
  • edited June 2008
    Guitar Hero: On Tour! COME ON! THE ULTIMATE GAME THAT'LL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A REATRD. If you're the guy in the trailer that is...
  • edited June 2008
    I know I'm getting Battlefield Bad Company and just got MGS 4... don't know which platform to get Bad Company on, if more friends are found on on platform well... I likes playing with my friends.
  • edited June 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    Guitar Hero: On Tour! COME ON! THE ULTIMATE GAME THAT'LL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A REATRD. If you're the guy in the trailer that is...

*sarcasm*They were dressed to make them look 'hip', and 'groovy'!They are the "In" crowd!In special Ed's more like it.
  • edited June 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »

1 word:

No.
  • edited June 2008
    *sarcasm*They were dressed to make them look 'hip', and 'groovy'!They are the "In" crowd!In special Ed's more like it.
    Man, these marketing departments are so out of touch with the kids today!
    It's not 'groovy,' it's 'coral.'
    Oh, and we don't dress like that! We wear spiked collars. And 'I HEART SATAN' T-shirts.
  • edited June 2008
    Metal Gear 4 - I can barely watch the commercials without crying inside over the fact that I don't have a PS3 yet, nor the time to get into the game even if I could play it.:(
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    squinky22 wrote: »
    Metal Gear 4 - I can barely watch the commercials without crying inside over the fact that I don't have a PS3 yet, nor the time to get into the game even if I could play it.:(

When you do get around to playing it, make sure you allot some significant time... it's an excellent game, but I literally got soda and snacks out when cutscenes would start (I thought the cutscenes are great, though).
  • edited June 2008
    I think Alone in the Dark most interests me. However, I've always been intrigued by MGS, and 4 looks damn near close to a MGS game I'd like to play.

But I dunno, the whole idea of buying a system for one game (or a couple) has phased out since the Gamecube days.

I think I'll relish MGS4 in, oh, say, 5 years when there's prolly going to be a pocket sized PS3 with nano technology, and you can find MGS4 for 19 bucks at an EB. By that time I'll have a career and can afford all of it.

Yeah, 5 years from now is sounding pretty sweet. Right now? Nah.
  • edited June 2008
    MGS 4's chapter finale cutscenes are indeed long but great, as Gary said grab a snicker's bar it's going to be awhile. The only issues I have with MGS 4 is the installs and reinstalls for each chapter which doesn't make very sane logic to me, I would have rather waited longer on the intial install and not have to sit though install/reinstall just to play and then replay certain areas. It kills replay value for me.

However, with no spoilers, I will say the conclusion for MGS4 was a satisfying one for me and the over all story went, "AH, so that's what it was all about... wait... what?"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.