Question for telltale

guy's are you gonna release new episode's or not?
if not FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comments

• According to Wikipedia there will not be.

• On the Sam & Max Wikipedia page, in the Video Games section, the following comment currently appears:
    "In November 2013, Telltale announced they would no longer be developing the series."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_and_max#Video_games

However, this is an uncited comment.
    It is interesting that there is nothing posted on TTG's site that supports this - unless you can cite it? :)

Personally though, I sincerely hope it is false and look forward to another outing with the guys. Seeing what TTG has done since the Devil's Playhouse, I'm sure it would be amazing. I guess we will see...

WalterRuss posted: »

According to Wikipedia there will not be.

• Thanks for that. I stuck a "citation needed" tag on it.

On the Sam & Max Wikipedia page, in the Video Games section, the following comment currently appears: "In November 2013, Telltale announc

• Ohh dear. Sad to say it but, Sam and Max has most likely has come to an end. a shame and sad for me to know but stills.....

• The closest thing I've found is an October 30 interview on IGN, in which Kevin Bruner says:

We love Sam & Max and certainly haven't forgotten about them! I think you'll see something smaller (more like Poker) than a full Season, and probably not for a bit, but we have NOT forgotten about them, we've just been super busy growing like crazy.

That's not quite as final as the Wikipedia article makes it sound, but it is October rather than November.

It would be nice if a Telltale employee could make an official statement to clear up the confusion.

Ranaxdoa posted: »

Ohh dear. Sad to say it but, Sam and Max has most likely has come to an end. a shame and sad for me to know but stills.....

• Even with that quote it seems clear we will never see another season, just Sam & Max in Poker Night 3. In other words, fans of the franchise are out of luck, Telltale doesn't need you guys anymore -- we have zombie games now.

WarpSpeed posted: »

The closest thing I've found is an October 30 interview on IGN, in which Kevin Bruner says: We love Sam & Max and certainly haven't

• A shame really, sam and max seasons made great game,s. its just that they are very... unknown to others, maybe purrcel might get back on the comic...maybe.

and on side note -- im terribly tired of these Zombies games, movies, comics, TV.

WalterRuss posted: »

Even with that quote it seems clear we will never see another season, just Sam & Max in Poker Night 3. In other words, fans of the franchise are out of luck, Telltale doesn't need you guys anymore -- we have zombie games now.

• Thank you very much for posting this! Like I'd been saying in another thread, it's fantastic just to hear to some acknowledgement. Not only that, but interest! Good to know there's still a place in their increasingly-crowded stable for these two.

(And I really hope at least one of those IPs happens to be a foray back into comedy. Nothing against the drama, just personal preference is all.)

WarpSpeed posted: »

The closest thing I've found is an October 30 interview on IGN, in which Kevin Bruner says: We love Sam & Max and certainly haven't

• Well, so long as the series doesn't die, I'll be happy. Even if they're not releasing full seasons like they did, just keeping the series going in some way is good.

• ikr i loved that game and i'd be sad to see it completely wiped away i mean since then its like sam and max don't exist :(

wellgolly posted: »

Thank you very much for posting this! Like I'd been saying in another thread, it's fantastic just to hear to some acknowledgement. Not only th

• I wouldn't mind getting at least some response from Telltale on what their stance is on the series. Again I say HIT THE ROAD REMAKE!!!

• edited July 2014

Given that Grim Fandango's getting a remake (picked up by Double Fine), I could imagine that it's likely to happen someday. Even if Telltale doesn't pick it up, somebody else might.

Granted, this is just my speculation, but I think it's likely.

I wouldn't mind getting at least some response from Telltale on what their stance is on the series. Again I say HIT THE ROAD REMAKE!!!

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2014

Sony is apparently going after the rights to all of the LucasArts adventure games, and not just Grim Fandango, so it is possible. They'd probably also have to get Steve Purcell's OK to do this, as even though the Hit the Road rights seem to be owned outright by LucasArts (since Activision was still releasing Hit the Road in Europe even after LucasArts lost the rights to make Sam & Max games), a remake would probably require a whole new contract.

If Sony does go after the rights to Sam & Max Hit the Road, it would be interesting to see if they wanted to get the original creators involved, which would probably mean Telltale Games. especially if Mike Stemmle is still there, which I think he is (and I'm not sure where Sean Clark is nowadays).

Given that Grim Fandango's getting a remake (picked up by Double Fine), I could imagine that it's likely to happen someday. Even if Telltale doesn't pick it up, somebody else might. Granted, this is just my speculation, but I think it's likely.

• Mike Stemmle has left Telltale.

Jennifer posted: »

Sony is apparently going after the rights to all of the LucasArts adventure games, and not just Grim Fandango, so it is possible. They'd pr

edited July 2014

Ah, I just saw his LinkedIn profile, and you're correct. I'll miss him on the forums, as he was one of the Telltale staff who directly communicated with the fans, as he promoting Poker Night 2 and talking with fans about all the references in the game on the forums in 2013 when it came out, as he wrote for that one (and he's almost certainly the reason why we finally got to hear Sam talk about the plot of the cancelled Freelance Police in a game).

I hope he'll be freelancing for Telltale in the future, like Chuck Jordan (his LinkedIn page mentions he wrote and/or programmed for Tales from the Borderlands, although it's possible his script for that one is already completed, as it says he just left in May).

Hero1 posted: »

Mike Stemmle has left Telltale.

• Well now Dave Grossman has left Telltale too. I think it's pretty safe to say Sam & Max is now dead at Telltale. They don't have anyone left who can write those characters..and they've completely abandoned what the sam & Max games were and those fans.. It's funny Telltale was born out of Lucasarts cancelling sam & max to make star wars games.. and now Telltale has done exactly the same thing to the fans who wanted a sam and max game back then.. money rules everything I guess...

Ah, I just saw his LinkedIn profile, and you're correct. I'll miss him on the forums, as he was one of the Telltale staff who directly commu

edited August 2014

Not all of the people who worked on their comedy games are gone. Mark Darin is still at Telltale (he worked on Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space and was a writer and co-designer of Tales of Monkey Island and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People). Plus, Kevin Bruner is still a big fan (which is most likely why we got Sam & Max in Poker Night 2 as opposed to yet another bigger license that Telltale hadn't worked on prior to the game). Kevin Bruner did say back in October that we'd get more Sam & Max games in the future, and this was well after their design shift, so I'm sure they're still planning on it.

Hero1 posted: »

Well now Dave Grossman has left Telltale too. I think it's pretty safe to say Sam & Max is now dead at Telltale. They don't have anyone

• And now we wait. (It will come out when they finally make the damn Season 3 soundtrack)

Not all of the people who worked on their comedy games are gone. Mark Darin is still at Telltale (he worked on Sam & Max Beyond Time an

Sign in to comment in this discussion.