The books

edited November 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Did anybody see something in the books with all the fables or the book with the symbols.
I just forgot to look at possible hints, but there can be some good ones in there.

Comments

• edited November 2013

Hey there!

You are right! I took a closer look to the books and was amazed what I found out - could be backstories, or clues - actually I grabbed a latin lexicon . On one of those pages was written "Asinus Curio Puellam Reginus Annulli" which could be translated to "The Donkey killed the curious girl in a royal way".

Another thing that I found pretty interesting was the painting that said something about Yggdrasil and the approval of the parallel worlds theory (ad forte mundi). Although not every sentence in there is fully written in latin (some words are just english neologisms) it is understandable.

Right now I'm diggin my head into the fables of the headless horseman. It's said, that every victim was executed by him because of their sins:

Bei einem uralten, wenn auch nur selten vollzogenen Hinrichtungszeremoniell durfte der Geschädigte den Betrüger bis zum Hals an der Stelle, an der sich der Grenzstein ursprünglich befunden hatte, eingraben und den Pflug so oft über den Übeltäter lenken, bis von dessen Kopf nichts mehr übrig blieb. Nach seinem Tod musste der Kopflose nach Ansicht der Menschen in der Nacht umgehen, wobei er den Lebenden nicht mehr primär Schaden zufügte, sondern sie durch seine erschreckende Erscheinung davon abhielt, ebenfalls eine Todsünde zu begehen.

Im trying to translate it for you guys:

A very old, and not often used German execution ceremony allowed the aggrieved party to burry the deceiver up to his neck, ploughing his head until it fell off. After their death the headless crooks came back to life at night to scare others of committing mortal sins.

So, I'm unsure where this will lead us. I'm still investigating, but I need a nap.

Any ideas appreciated :)

• Hey there!

You are right! I took a closer look to the books and was amazed what I found out - could be backstories, or clues - actually I grabbed a latin lexicon . On one of those pages was written "Asinus Curio Puellam Reginus Annulli" which could be translated to "The Donkey killed the curious girl in a royal way".

Another thing that I found pretty interesting was the painting that said something about Yggdrasil and the approval of the parallel worlds theory (ad forte mundi). Although not every sentence in there is fully written in latin (some words are just english neologisms) it is understandable.

Right now I'm diggin my head into the fable's of the headless horseman. It's said, that every victim was executed by him because of their sins.

Bei einem uralten, wenn auch nur selten vollzogenen Hinrichtungszeremoniell durfte der Geschädigte den Betrüger bis zum Hals an der Stelle, an der sich der Grenzstein ursprünglich befunden hatte, eingraben und den Pflug so oft über den Übeltäter lenken, bis von dessen Kopf nichts mehr übrig blieb. Nach seinem Tod musste der Kopflose nach Ansicht der Menschen in der Nacht umgehen, wobei er den Lebenden nicht mehr primär Schaden zufügte, sondern sie durch seine erschreckende Erscheinung davon abhielt, ebenfalls eine Todsünde zu begehen.

Im trying to translate it for you guys:

A very old, and not often used German execution ceremony allowed the aggrieved party to burry the deceiver up to his neck, ploughing his head until it fell off. After their death the headless crooks came back to life at night to scare others of committing mortal sins.

So, I'm unsure where this will lead us. I'm still investigating, but I need a nap.

Any ideas appreciated :)

• I liked that they showed Robin Hood's bow, sadly he is dead long before TWAU.

• I get the impression that reading the comics might come in handy!!! Good way to bridge the time gap tll ep2...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.