Colin and the Farm.

edited November 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Something just occurred to me. Bigby returns to his apartment to find Colin in his chair. The Book of Fables states that Colin often wanders down from the Farm to the main areas of Fabletown.
So what if Colin is taking advantage of his appearance?

What if he sneaks down, uses a glamour to mask his obviously non-human appearance, and commits the murder of Faith? We knkw that Fables can change out of a Glamour at will: Gren does it in the bar. Colin speaks to Bigby about the house he owes him. Is there long standing resentment between the two? His presence in Bigby's apartment could be a ruse. Why would a murderer sleep in the house of the sheriff? But here's the thing: does anyone know what Colin looks like with a glamour? After all, he lives at the Farm.

Also, Colin tells Bigby he guesses he was bad to every person he met that night, but Bigby tells him he was good to Faith. In the time between Bigby sleeping and Snow arriving, where's Colin? It seems a little far fetched that he knew it was Faith as Bigby didn't know her name and that he would havr been able to escape silently from Bigby's apartment, but it's an interesting theory, and possibly a plausible way to avoid being recognised by the other Fables.

Colin's resentment at Bigby for his house, coupled with fact that he can't allow him to stay in Fabletown without a glamour (Colin probably lacks the funds to regularly get a Glamour) could be a motive for him to attack Faith, who brings out the little-seen softer side of the Big Bad Wolf (couldn't resist!). He can pose as simply being frustrated with life on the Farm, and staying with Bigby, to appear like he's got nothing to hide.

So am I a genius, or am I over reading the Colin scene by a mile?

Oh, and I apologize for any grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. It's impossible to leap around these long paragraphs on my phone.

Comments

• edited November 2013

There is absolutely no chance of Colin being the killer. His reasons for sneaking into town are explained in Fables.

• edited November 2013

I broke up your immensely huge block of text a bit. Hope you don't mind.

And as for your theory... it's possible, but I'd say rather unlikely. It just doesn't seem all that likely given what we've seen of the guy, and his tired old attitude doesn't strike me as one a killer would have.

• It is a far fetched theory in relation to Colin, but there are possibities with Fables using Glamour to mask their true appearances. Who knows I guess?

• I've said this before and I'll say it again... the fact TWAU is a prequel kills a lot of theories. I was purely interested in this Colin conspiracy...

There is absolutely no chance of Colin being the killer. His reasons for sneaking into town are explained in Fables.

• edited November 2013

Honestly it only "kills" the god awful ones, which I am pretty thankful for.

NamelessAce posted: »

I've said this before and I'll say it again... the fact TWAU is a prequel kills a lot of theories. I was purely interested in this Colin conspiracy...

• Owch. "God awful" qualifies as an opinionated answer you're allowed to have.

Honestly it only "kills" the god awful ones, which I am pretty thankful for.

• It only "kills" the funny and ridiculous ones to tell you the truth. Thank God I won't be laughing hysterically at the end of the season.

NamelessAce posted: »

I've said this before and I'll say it again... the fact TWAU is a prequel kills a lot of theories. I was purely interested in this Colin conspiracy...

• Colin is not the killer he is really good pig- person with no type of glamour at all and thats why he is on the farm all fables that do mot look human or can not control there abilities have to stay on the farm, any way colin is in fabletown trying to get info on the fables for the farm he is just a extra in the game read the comics vol 1 to find out or message me for the info

Sign in to comment in this discussion.