"Dizzy and The Other Side" released!

edited June 2008 in General Chat
Hello,

Dizzy and The Other Side is fully released!
It's a FREE retro adventure game... To cut it short, visit the game's website:

http://www.yolkfolk.com/tos

And if you just want to see how it looks like, here are a few screen shots:

poster2s.pngshot2.gif
shot1.gifshot3.gif

The press release is also available on the website.

Enjoy it!
Alex

Comments

• edited June 2008
    xelanoimis wrote: »
    Hello,

Dizzy and The Other Side is fully released!
    It's a FREE retro adventure game... To cut it short, visit the game's website:

http://www.yolkfolk.com/tos

And if you just want to see how it looks like, here are a few screen shots:

poster2s.pngshot2.gif
    shot1.gifshot3.gif

The press release is also available on the website.

Enjoy it!
    Alex

Interesting...
  • edited June 2008
    I played the original Dizzy game on Nintendo. Doesn't change the fact this is spam.
  • edited June 2008
    sorry for spamming, just wanted to mention it somewhere, and I thought the chat forum would be ok.
  • edited June 2008
    Yahtzee from Escapist might be intrested in knowing abnout this... I know he mentions or references the original NES game a lot. lol
  • edited June 2008
    I remember the original Dizzy was a pain in the ass because it wouldn't let you save. Had to leave it on overnight a few times to beat it.
  • edited June 2008
    A bit too old-fashioned, I think : awkward jumping with no mid-air control, very limited inventory... Then there are the blatant English mistakes ('fishes') and a barrel used as a door.
  • edited June 2008
    A bit too old-fashioned, I think : awkward jumping with no mid-air control, very limited inventory... Then there are the blatant English mistakes ('fishes') and a barrel used as a door.

Thanks for noticing the 'fishes' mistake, though my English Oxford Dictionary (and Collins too) says "fishes" is also accepted - probably in other situations.
    If you're willing to help with more mistakes, let me know, and I can send you the full game's texts in a txt file.
  • edited June 2008
    Well I'm not from an English-speaking country, so I wouldn't know, but I was always taught that it's "fish" and never encountered "fishes". Plus, I was just nitpicking there.
    Anyway, I played it a bit, but got quickly frustrated (I'm more of a SNES, borderline-NES generation person).
    'old school' fanatics would love this, though.
  • edited June 2008
    If it's one type of fish - like a school of tuna, then the plural is fish.

If there's a group of lots of different fish species, then you can refer to them as fishes.

At least, that's the version I know :) A school of fish, several schools of different fishes.
  • edited June 2008
    ...fish is also what you eat. you don't eat fishes.
  • edited June 2008
    Caw... Dizzy brings back memories :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.