Psychonauts vs. Sam and Max

edited June 2008 in General Chat
After seeing that a few others have played Psychonauts, I want to ask a question. Which game made you laugh more? Psychonauts are the Sam and Max games?

If you have never played Psychonauts, replace it with the Tim Schafer game of your choosing. Then, go download gametap, get a free account and play through Psychonauts! Better yet, support the company and lay down $20. :cool:

Comments

• edited June 2008
    They both have very different kinds of humour to each other so choosing which one I laughed at more is kind of difficult. Sam & Max's gameplay, however, revolves around humour. Every time you click on something (other than the floor) there's usually a witty comment that will make you/me laugh. Where as Psychonauts is largely a platformer, so the only dialog in the game is mainly in the cutscenes but there are a few exceptions (The character in the first level who talks about the adventure/walk he and his pet go on, but soon gets sucked out of a world war II fighter plane!).

I really don't know to be honest.....
  • edited June 2008
    I think the Sam and Max games made me laugh more. However, I really enjoyed the gameplay of Psychonauts. So I ended up enjoying both on the same level. They are two of the few games that I still recommend to friends.

"What, you haven't played <insert one of those two games here> yet? Whaaaaaaat? Go buy them now!"
  • edited June 2008
    Like you said, but Sam and Max felt more smile/heh humor where as the dialog in psychonauts was more laugh out loud.
  • edited June 2008
    Orange+ wrote: »
    Like you said, but Sam and Max felt more smile/heh humor where as the dialog in psychonauts was more laugh out loud.
    I actually found it to be the other way around.
  • edited June 2008
    On comedy-wise, Sam and Max. Easily. Though I did find Psychonauts funny at times, it was more on the witty side. Sam and Max have all sorts of jokes and puns which ranges from contemplative to lighthearted, deft to lowbrow. You are sure to laugh at one joke or another.

Other factors like storyline and art direction, I have to lean to Psychonauts. Especially the art. It has such a distinctive and interesting design.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.